902 died but I fixed it!

svtafst

Reaction score
Country
United States
Dash Cam
RIP: Mini 902 with 903 firmware
I live in the SE US so it gets really really hot here.

My 902 worked for a few day then it died. It would power on then off over and over and wifi would not work.

I got confused as to what model I had so I accidently installed the newest firmware for a 903.

My 902 works again. Once I can remember the wifi PW I will see if really works like it should.

If it dies again, I am trashing it. Dash cams need to be able to handle heat. My car has non-metallized, nonconductive nano-ceramic tint but it still gets nice in warm due to 100-degree temps during the day.

This is the firmware that I installed.

http://www.mediafire.com/download/sb3awdc2ney54oe/0903_FIRMWARE.zip

Last edited:

jokiin

Manufacturer
Reaction score
Country
Australia
Dash Cam
Too many ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
0902 is an Ambarella chipset, the 0903 is Novatek, the firmware would not load, perhaps you have just reset it?

OP
S

svtafst

Reaction score
Country
United States
Dash Cam
RIP: Mini 902 with 903 firmware
0902 is an Ambarella chipset, the 0903 is Novatek, the firmware would not load, perhaps you have just reset it?

It was in a pattern where it would turn on then after a few seconds it would turn off. This happened over and over until I pulled the power cord.
I reformated my SD card and put the 903 firmware on it. I booted up the camera with the SD card it and blue LED started to blink.

After a while the blinking stopped and the camera started recording again.

I still cannot remember the password for the wifi so I cannot check the firmware specs.

jokiin

Manufacturer
Reaction score
Country
Australia
Dash Cam
Too many ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
two completely different hardware versions, Novatek uses a boot loader to install the firmware, this would not run on an Ambarella camera, despite the similarity in the names these cameras are from two different manufacturers also