902 died but I fixed it!

svtafst

Reaction score
Country
United States
Dash Cam
RIP: Mini 902 with 903 firmware
I live in the SE US so it gets really really hot here.

My 902 worked for a few day then it died. It would power on then off over and over and wifi would not work.

I got confused as to what model I had so I accidently installed the newest firmware for a 903.

My 902 works again. Once I can remember the wifi PW I will see if really works like it should.

If it dies again, I am trashing it. Dash cams need to be able to handle heat. My car has non-metallized, nonconductive nano-ceramic tint but it still gets nice in warm due to 100-degree temps during the day.

This is the firmware that I installed.

http://www.mediafire.com/download/sb3awdc2ney54oe/0903_FIRMWARE.zip

Last edited:
0902 is an Ambarella chipset, the 0903 is Novatek, the firmware would not load, perhaps you have just reset it?

0902 is an Ambarella chipset, the 0903 is Novatek, the firmware would not load, perhaps you have just reset it?

It was in a pattern where it would turn on then after a few seconds it would turn off. This happened over and over until I pulled the power cord.
I reformated my SD card and put the 903 firmware on it. I booted up the camera with the SD card it and blue LED started to blink.

After a while the blinking stopped and the camera started recording again.

I still cannot remember the password for the wifi so I cannot check the firmware specs.

two completely different hardware versions, Novatek uses a boot loader to install the firmware, this would not run on an Ambarella camera, despite the similarity in the names these cameras are from two different manufacturers also

Back