9750 won't go into parking mode.

nekret

Reaction score
Country
United States
Dash Cam
Lukas 9750
Brand new just installed 9750 (updated to latest firmware) and I cant get it to go into parking mode when the ignition shuts off.

Everything works normally when the car is on, mode switch on the camera is set to acc. I even double checked the wiring and yellow is always hot, red is ignition switched and black is ground.

The really odd part is if I turn the continuous power supply option on, it will get into parking mode with the ignition off.

Any ideas are welcome as everything looks good to me for settings and wiring.

Brand new just installed 9750 (updated to latest firmware) and I cant get it to go into parking mode when the ignition shuts off.

Everything works normally when the car is on, mode switch on the camera is set to acc. I even double checked the wiring and yellow is always hot, red is ignition switched and black is ground.

The really odd part is if I turn the continuous power supply option on, it will get into parking mode with the ignition off.

Any ideas are welcome as everything looks good to me for settings and wiring.

Hey! Really simple "fix" :cool:
The ACC switch position means that the camera turns OFF with the ignition.
While the ON switch position means that the camera stays ON after the vehicle turns off.

-Robert.

Thanks for the response, I tried setting the mode switch to on but the camera still doesn't power on unless I enable the continuous power supply option.

Only thing I can think of at this point would be to swap the constant power and ignition wiring so yellow (b+) would become ignition switched and red (acc) would become the constant power.

yep, confirmed with a small test probe that the ACC line goes from 12V while the ignition is on to ground when the ignition is off.

Hmm. I think it could then be the voltage cut off voltage.

When you use the continuous power supply option, it does not consider the voltage cut off.

Update: more odd behavior, all tests were done with the voltage setting turned to off in the continuous power section and a 12 hour timer configured.

1. I disconnected the acc and the constant connections to do some troubleshooting, reversing the acc and constant yielded a slightly different result as the cam would shut off before it could finish saying "terminating the system"
  2. I disconnected my autodimming mirror plug thinking that maybe the mirror was somehow interfering as it shares acc and constant lines with the 9750. This had no change on behavior.
  3. I reconnected the lines as labeled (yellow constant, red switched) making sure to connect the red wire first. Now I have slightly different behavior, the cam now reports it's going to parking mode about 30 seconds after I shut off the ignition. immediately after the parking mode announcement the cam says "terminating" and shuts off.

Please ensure your basic mode settings are like the ones shown in the below screen shot.
Use the Lukas Viewer on your computer, to ensure that the settings are saving correctly (There has been rare cases with the LK-9750 when the settings are not saved when using the on camera settings menu)

Also make sure that your BAT line actually stays live past you simply turning off the ignition. It is common for a BAT line to go dead after the vehicle turns off. This is because there are lines that only stay alive until after the vehicle is locked up. Then they go dead.

I can't seem to see your screenshot but I'll give the lukas viewer a try tonight. The BAT line is for sure live long after the car is off, I've had my autodimming/homelink mirror connected to the same line and I can always use the garage door buttons several minutes after the car has been locked (with me inside). I also ordered a 2nd hardwire kit to make diagnostics easier; I'll just use an external 12V source to test connecting/disconnecting the BAT & ACC lines.

Update: loaded the lukas viewer to make a new config.bin file from your screenshot and overwrote the old one (Thanks for this BTW, love how I have miles rather than kilometers for units). When set in ACC mode it plays "terminating the system" clip and shuts down after turning off the ignition. When in ON mode it says "Switching to parking mode" and about 30 seconds later it plays the "terminating the system" sound and shuts off.

After it shut off, I removed the power cable from the cam and tested the connector with my volt meter. I got ground on both of the outer connectors on the barrel and 12V on the inner. The second hardwire kit should show up this weekend sometime so I'll setup a test with a spare car battery to make sure its nothing funny about the power from my car.

Update: loaded the lukas viewer to make a new config.bin file from your screenshot and overwrote the old one (Thanks for this BTW, love how I have miles rather than kilometers for units). When set in ACC mode it plays "terminating the system" clip and shuts down after turning off the ignition. When in ON mode it says "Switching to parking mode" and about 30 seconds later it plays the "terminating the system" sound and shuts off.

After it shut off, I removed the power cable from the cam and tested the connector with my volt meter. I got ground on both of the outer connectors on the barrel and 12V on the inner. The second hardwire kit should show up this weekend sometime so I'll setup a test with a spare car battery to make sure its nothing funny about the power from my car.

It sounds like you have everything set, but for some reason it keeps turning off.
If it goes into parking mode and stays in parking mode, while setting the "use external power" to on. Then everything should be wired correctly.

Seeing how you have and know how to use a multi meter, can you check what the voltage of the lines while the vehicle is turned off?

Sorry for the delay on this round of updates, life gets in the way sometime! Anyway the spare hardwire cable came in and I re-tested directly from a spare battery (IE alligator clips to battery terminals) that showed 12.6 volts before, during and after the test. Initially I connected the black ground cable to negative and the BAT line (yellow) to positive and left the ACC (red) wire disconnected. Upon connecting the ACC wire to positive the camera booted up like normal. I gave it about 10 seconds after the camera image was displayed and disconnected the ACC wire. Similar to before I got the notice that it was switching to parking mode, 30 seconds went by and it played the "terminating the system" message and shut off. Sounds like at this point I may have a defective camera :-(

Sorry for the delay on this round of updates, life gets in the way sometime! Anyway the spare hardwire cable came in and I re-tested directly from a spare battery (IE alligator clips to battery terminals) that showed 12.6 volts before, during and after the test. Initially I connected the black ground cable to negative and the BAT line (yellow) to positive and left the ACC (red) wire disconnected. Upon connecting the ACC wire to positive the camera booted up like normal. I gave it about 10 seconds after the camera image was displayed and disconnected the ACC wire. Similar to before I got the notice that it was switching to parking mode, 30 seconds went by and it played the "terminating the system" message and shut off. Sounds like at this point I may have a defective camera :-(
No worries about the delay. Believe me, I know what its like to have life get in the way lol..

This would be the first camera that I have heard of to have a defect in this way. I hope you can get a replacement right away.
If you purchased from us, please send us a email at support@lukasdirect.com

I been chasing similar issues for the past two weeks, check the fuse... I went through 2 cams returning and exchanging thinking thinking they were defective but actually the fuse on both wires were blown. I would turn off the cam, wait 1 min then unplug it and upon reconnecting it would blow the inline fuse randomly. I may have to re wire.

HEAD UP new version firmware available for LK9750 dash cam also new viewer firmware version 7.0.5 veiwer version 2.0.5 ...........Ipol

head up there is a new firmware update for several Lukas models ver 7.0.7 Ipol

Hi jokiin I was just going to repost the headup as no one seemed to pick up on it Just about to place an order for the QVIA z970 I will post my findings once it arrives and I get it installed .......Ipol

there is an update for the Z970WD firmware update 7.0.9 as of the 29th July At the moment it does not seem to download to my PC just keeps saying not found Anyone else having these issues ...Ipol......there is a new viewer version 1.1.7 as well but that also says not found

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
E LK-9700 0
M LK-9700 0
M LK-9700 1
F LK-9700 1
Back