A “glare” in police dash camera footage?

Foxlio

Reaction score
Country
United States
When a police car’s dash camera is recording at night in clear weather (no rain or snow), can the brightness from police car’s headlights or siren lights cause a huge glare in the dash cam footage? The police used excessive force during my brother’s arrest for a routine dui (he ended up having 0.00 BAC), and he ended up in the hospital. The dash cam footage submitted by police (which took along time to receive) shows a huge glare making it impossible to see anything. How likely is this? Another police car was Parked in front of the police car recording (the back of it - not sure if it’s taillights or police lights were on) - but there were no headlights from another car facing the camera.

I think the video has been tampered with. Can the police siren lights and headlights of the car with a dash camera cause a glare in its footage? I thought a glare was only possible if the dash camera had headlights from another car facing the dash camera. Is this possible? Can the headlights of your own car cause a glare on your dash cam that wipes out the entire image? What if a police car was parked in front of your car, could its taillights and police light on top cause a huge glare?

So it’s possible then. Glare from your own headlights is a common occurrence at night time?

Just seeing 1 frame of the video (frame grab) would help a lot, otherwise everyone is just guessing...

It does sound a bit unlikely, either way!

Back