A bunch of my own dash cam videos......

PCS system activated again last weekend, but this time at a higher speed than usual (40-45mph)

Camera used:
BlueSkySea B2W

i was under the impression you had this fixed.

i was under the impression you had this fixed.

Yes and no

Toyota sent out a team of field techs and production engineers to inspect it and they recalibrated the system, but admitted that the issue still remained.

Since then, it happened far less frequently, but it still happened, so they launched an investigation and started mapping the area trying to figure out what was the cause ad said to keep them informed if/when it were to happen again.

Previously, it was quite consistent and would happen maybe 8 out of 10 times, but after the "fix", it happened maybe 1 or 2 times out of 10 and wasn't nearly as violent (like a quick blip of the brake instead of a screeching halt), but on this particular day last weekend, it happened as it did before, but at a higher rate of speed.

I'm a patient person, but if that were my vehicle by now I'd be screaming mad :mad: It is good that they're actively working with you as this kind of research is necessary to solve the problem (which others must also be experiencing) which will help lots of others too (y) This really should not be happening though- they have the resources and have had enough time to have solved it by now if they wanted to get the job done, but apparently they're not applying their full abilities which is why I'd be so aggravated.
Not giving your best in tackling problems is not acceptable to me- it is the standard I hold myself to and I expect it from others.

Phil

In this case Tesla's approach makes a lot more sense. They collect the autopilot/emergency system info from every car in the fleet and apply machine learning so that it's constantly improving. And then they send out those updates to the fleet so everyone benefits from them. I'm sure it costs them a lot to pay for that connectivity and computer time, but it's worth it. I honestly don't see any other way to really improve systems like this without a huge sample size. Trying to study one needle in a huge haystack isn't going to give a lot of useful data but that's exactly what Toyota is doing here.

I would still be expecting them to have figured it out in this one instance as a single-point failure. It is to be expected that implementing complex high levels of AI and it's technology will also have a high price associated with it. I just don't like the "Microsoft method" of fixing things as you go along when it comes to driving safety when it's something that could have been addressed before being released to the public. If it's a "beta" system then call it that so everyone will know it might not work correctly.

Phil

Borg ( star trek race ) mentality for cars i think would be good.
Resistance is futile.
But we dont want the Darlek in the mix,,,,,,, Exterminate !

OK, so I mounted my One X next to my B2W for a little comparison video on Saturday

The B2W definitely picked up license plates and road signs better than the One X, but I love being able to pan/tilt/zoom in post edit with the 360* cam

If I can find a decent quality 360* cam with loop recording, it would definitely make a great addition to my other cameras

I dont get why cars are allowed to be loud, anywhere. Really cars should be more quiet, as quiet as possible, and i am sure people that live on a busy street will agree with me.
Same with LED billboards, every millimap of power used in those are a huge waste, they should be banned or at the very least have a very low MAX luminosity so they are only useful at night, and dont blind people.

I don't mind cars with loud exahust as long as they're able to be relatively quiet when needed.

This idiot was reving and popping for no reason other to annoy the hell out of people

I have a few cars that I run wide open pipes and never had any complaints because I only open them up when I'm on an open backroad or if people ask for it.

For normal driving, they're actually quiet compared to this popping bimmer

Yes but the problem today is people taking it too far, today you can get extra spark plugs and gasoline pump to install on your exhaust to make it pop and spit fire. or a electronic valve before the first muffler so you can exhaust strait from the header more or less.

If you approach bikers on this, they say "its so those stupid car drivers can hear / notice me". but few of them wear high visibility helmets ASO so i doubt it is founded in safety matters, and if you say it must be annoying to listen to that while driving the response is " as a biker you cant hear it",,,,,, and then i go ooooookay :unsure: so how are cars in front of you supposed to be able to hear / notice you.
So you are making noise so the cars behind can see you,,,,,,, which i think are probably the smallest of all issues facing a biker in traffic.

TBH i think it is a need to be a rebel,,,,,,, and i totally understand that as a person not too happy to stand in line with other people.
And rebels have in deed often played their game on the expense of other people in some way, i have been in that line too i have to admit.
You could also argue that today, being a really cool guy are so rare it could be a form of rebel too.
Some times i wish i was able to buy one of the factory 120 db Italian sports cars, and then all night drive it up and down the street of where influential people live, cuz for a factory car that's okay, but a modified car can not go past 90 db.

But dont get me wrong i do LOVE the sound of a V8, but i dont need to have my eardrums scream MERCY when i hear it.
I would just love a 572 CUI normal aspirated motor in a nice car, and have it muffled so when i roll buy people think they hear distant thunder, i do not want them to dive for the nearest ditch for cover.

The problem to me also is, if you want to be different, well you dont accomplish that with making your car or bike loud, 90 % of people do that.
And you are not special cuz your entire body are filled with tattoos of cupcakes - hearts with a keyhole in it - skulls and what not generic tattoo stuff, you are just a painted sheep in my book.
Or the people that think cuz they carry a product from the fruit company, that make them a extra trendy and special person, no it make you one of god know how many millions of people carrying a fruit company devise of some sort.

if you want to be a snowflake / special / a rebel, you have to attack the subject different than what most people do.

I am also wondering when electric vehicles are all there is, will people be mounting speakers on their outside to spew V8 sounds when they buzz along. :ROFLMAO:
Though by then i am afraid the LED thing on cars will just go utterly insane if the way countries and the world are run now is also a thing by then.

Last edited:
Yes but the problem today is people taking it too far, today you can get extra spark plugs and gasoline pump to install on your exhaust to make it pop and spit fire. or a electronic valve before the first muffler so you can exhaust strait from the header more or less.

Been doing this for almost 30 years now so guilty lol

well old habits are hard to break :)

Saw this Chevy Tahoe tag the center divider on the way to work today

Camera(s) used:

BlueSkySea B1W
BlueSkySea B2W
BlueSkySea Mini0906

You should try that in a 24 foot box truck at 70MPH :eek: I was the passenger in that one. Took a week for the pinch mark in the seat on my side to flatten back out :ROFLMAO:

Phil

I wonder if the text he was reading truly was all that important. ;)

Hehe thats what i am thinking too, those phones are almost more of a problem than they are a good thing.

1: you have the ability to look up anything on the internet, but how often do you need that ? personally it is very rare i need it, not least right here and now.
2: you have the option to do email too, but really how many do email today, at least for common things
3: you can use it as a media playback device ( local or streaming ) this is fine and dont require any devise interaction,,,, at least not more than a car radio would do.

And then there are all the BS, like some "friend" of yours posting a picture of a cupcake, and you reacting to that notification almost make you crash your car, for absolutely nothing.

IMO there should be some international agreement where notifications dont pop up on a phone if it is moving faster than a jogging pace, or better yet outlaw notifications all together.
Notifications are what make people sick, that little what ever sound, and people ditch everything for the device, and thats like meth or crack-head behaviour.

Went to the local market and as we were leaving, passed by a group of protesters holding up signs that said "Honk for Justice" :unsure:

I was more than happy to oblige ;)

Camera(s) used:

Insta360 OneX
BlueSkySea B2W

Back