A bunch of my own dash cam videos......

Nice, but i aint flying a mission in that ball turret,,,, No way Jose.

Almost got rear ended by a BMW yesterday

Spotted him in my mirror and had a flashback to my last accident lol

Tried to give him a little more room at the last second, but had to stop abruptly and got a little reaction from my passengers (nuthin major, but figured I'd post up anyways)

hehe :rolleyes: crackheads,,,,, maybe not the drug but something broken for sure ;)

I just did a little drive and 2 intersections with like 1/8 mile in between had people totally blowing red light.

Yesterday's highlights

1) Avoided road debris

2) Old confused man jay walking

3) Idiot in a Honda almost hits me while chaning lanes

Damn PCS activated over Railroad tracks again, almost caused me to get rear ended

Gunna have to file a complaint with Toyota cause this sh!t is getting ridiculous

Save your vids to document this both for Toyota's sake as well as for your own use should you suffer losses directly over this issue. I'd also CC the NTSB and IIHS with everything so that if it is a systemic problem everyone else being adversely affected can benefit too ;)

We really need to lose our enchantment with AI based technologies and refuse to allow use of them until they are much more fool-proof than they are now :cautious: And we need to task the designers and developers of these systems directly for any problems they cause as a means to ensure that they invest the needed effort to make their work as fool-proof as is possible. I'd also like the ability to turn such systems off if I choose to do so because that is the only certain way to eliminate them ever being a problem.

The public shouldn't be used as "beta testers" for important things like this; that practice has cost thousands of lives already with malfunctioning planes, cars, and other things that didn't work as well as they should and could have :mad:

Phil

I prefer to not use things that take work from my brain, the grey goo must have regular exercise otherwise it turn to fat, and we all know what stupid people can do.
I would never use a E reader, why should i, when i can go to a library and for free take out as many books as i like.
And i don't need my light to come on automatic by me saying "okay google turn on the light" i have legs and arms and the switch are right there.

Yeah, I'm definitely saving these just in case

Anyhoo, more highlights from yesterday

Nuthin spectacular

Lady in a parking lot dings another car while opening her door and some idiot in a Rav 4 invades my lane while making a right turn

That brownstone building made me feel at home, even if it appear to have a flat roof, which are fairly unusual here.

Another from earlier today....

Nissan Murano passes me, then his rear bumper rips off for some strange reason, losing the foam insert and I had to swerve around it.

Didn't realize how much I listen to John Denver lol

I have never owner anything but feather sleeping gear, i can do synthetic in my sleeping bag, but thats also it.

I think Animal was what got me interested in playing the drums.

My nephew's cheap dash cam footage from his accident yesterday.

He's only been driving 2 weeks, but the lady ran a stop sign and got a ticket for driving with a suspended license.

Not impressed by the camera mount, one of the good things about the Viofo/SG wedge cameras is that they don't do that, you can watch the whole accident!

Good choice of music to get the viewer on your side, although that wasn't really necessary! Where all the crash sound effects real?

Was the damage to the back of the stop runner caused by the 3rd car driving into the back of it? Damage all seems too high up...

Another good thing about dashcams, Ryan's parents know he was in no way at fault and had zero chance of avoidance.

An expensive bill going to somebody!

How can you get a ticket for driving with a suspended license? That suggests that there is little reason not to continue driving after a suspension! Should be a jail sentence if you can't take your punishment correctly...

Yes the stalk type mounts are no good in severe G events, they usually turn them self into bird watching cameras.
Here you can drive just fine without a license, fines will go up and up though, and on the #3 case the car yours or not will get confiscated.
It is quite common here to do that, but thank got the police ANPR cars are working good in this regard, now we just need more cops to drive those cars all the time of the day.
Also just read drug driving have now passed drunk driving here,,,,,,,, which i have known for decades with the rampant drug use here. SO (y) to the in car drug testers, need more of those too cuz they are not in every car.

1) It was a cheap mirror cam that snaps over the factory mirror and has a swivel cam on the bottom.
It's a POS, but I'm glad he had it.

2) Had to add softer music cause he was listing to some kinda rap music REALLY loud (just horrible)

3) No, I just grabbed a crash sound from YouTube lol

4) Although it wasn't his fault due to the lady running the stop sign, I'm sure her insurance company will try to claim some kinda BS like she was already half way through the intersection and he had a chance to avoid since he hit her on the back half (gotta prepair for everything).

5) After he (Car#2 according to Police report) hit the Black Pacifica (Car#1), he ended up crossing over to the other side and got clipped by Car#3 (I don't have pix of that one) before crashing into a fence.
The Pacifica spun around and backed into the pole.

6) Luckily, the vehicle has insurance (company car not registered to her)

7) Yes, she should've been jailed on the spot instead of just ticketed

Back