A bunch of my own dash cam videos......

Homeless here have just been given a tax break, not in the sense they can get a full time job and pay no taxes, but they can get a part time job they can manage and then not having to pay taxes.

Not quite sure how it is, but i dont think you can get welfare here if you dont have a address, and if you ask you will be given a place to live, but of course if you then waste all your money on alcohol or drugs you are not living there for long even if the rent money you dont get your fingers on.

Homeless here have just been given a tax break, not in the sense they can get a full time job and pay no taxes, but they can get a part time job they can manage and then not having to pay taxes.

Not quite sure how it is, but i dont think you can get welfare here if you dont have a adress, and if you assk you will be given a place to live, but of course if you then waste all your money on alcohol or drugs you are not living there for long even if the rent money you dont get your fingers on.

In Orlando, it's illegal to panhandle unless you have a permit, so every morning, tons of homeless folks (or folks that want you to believe that they're homeless) line up outside the office downtown to pay for a daily permit (I think it's like $50 bucks) just so they can beg for money all day :rolleyes:

True story, one night I took my coupe out for a test run after doing a little motor work and she shut down in the middle of the street just a couple miles from my shop :sick:

Turned out to be a loose ground wire for the ignition (easy fix), but I didn't have any tools on me, so I just waited for one of my guys to bring a flatbed :confused:

While waiting, this homeless dude walks up and says "hey man, beautiful ride!!......can you spare any change? I haven't eaten in days"

I told him thanks, but I didn't have change on me.

He said "that's ok, do you mind if I take a few pictures?"

I was dumbfounded, but said sure, knock yourself out.

At this point, he whipped out a brand new iPhone and started snapping away like paparazzi :oops:

And here I am taking a pic of him taking a pic of my car with my POS Nokia flip phone :wtf:

Saw the same thing one time, too. There's a pan handling hotspot where I live. Absolute confluence major roads into a nice area. So these people sit at the off ramp and beg. We're talking nonstop traffic. One day as I'm pulling up to make a turn, the same guy realizes he has a moment to spare as he's already walked the "line". And with no more cars there but mine, I see him whipping out a brand new smart phone and playing on it!

Give to aid groups. It'll be better spent. My opinion.

No matter what you do there seem to be people abusing the system, but at least you guys can practice philanthropy if and when you like, here "the man" just do that with your tax money, an i am inclined to think the Danish way are even more expensive for the individual tax payer.

Homeless here sell their own newspaper, and pocket the money for that too.
20120203-125552-6_60mb.jpg

And like any summer Denmark see a influx of people from other EU countries like Romania and what have you, those are professional beggars and pick pockets and pretty much what ever you can steal.
Yesterday 2 full trucks was stopped at the German border, full of stolen goods from small earth movers to hand tools, 5 Romanians was arrested.

On the other hand the homeless are exploited by drug dealing gangs to move drugs, and as these gangs are formed up of middle eastern people, if they dont sell enough drugs things get bloody quickly.
And our politicians do nothing :rolleyes:

I try and avoid them. If approaching a red light, I try and get into a lane away from them. Some of them will spit on your windshield if you don't pay them or scratch your car. Getting more aggressive, and police don't want to deal with them either which isn't helping to control them. Friend with shop downtown calls cops daily on them for their antics. A woman sleeps and pees in his lot nightly where he has to take bleach and clean up her mess in the AM before he opens. He used my trail camera to catch her in the act, but nothing can be done about getting rid of her (I've suggested he use crushed potato chips to attract red ants to keep her bedroll away.). We do have a "Potty Patrol" clean-up crew that takes care of their big all-night party messes.

We do have some homeless shelters, but they don't want to use them. Seems a money pit for someone who is getting a lot of money to house them, but have very few are housed there if any. They congregate near state property since the city and county have police or sheriff to try and control them on those properties, but the state policing is absent so they tend to hang around state freeway areas. Some become squatters in old abandoned houses and buildings and seem impossible to evict until they manage to set it on fire.

Welcome to the new California. (Time to move!)

No matter what you do there seem to be people abusing the system, but at least you guys can practice philanthropy if and when you like, here "the man" just do that with your tax money, an i am inclined to think the Danish way are even more expensive for the individual tax payer.

Homeless here sell their own newspaper, and pocket the money for that too.

And like any summer Denmark see a influx of people from other EU countries like Romania and what have you, those are professional beggars and pick pockets and pretty much what ever you can steal.
Yesterday 2 full trucks was stopped at the German border, full of stolen goods from small earth movers to hand tools, 5 Romanians was arrested.

On the other hand the homeless are exploited by drug dealing gangs to move drugs, and as these gangs are formed up of middle eastern people, if they dont sell enough drugs things get bloody quickly.
And our politicians do nothing :rolleyes:

The Romanian Gypsies are the ABSOLUTE WORST! I was in Paris and saw this "supposedly old lady" (looked like an act) walk up to an older couple. My spidey sense went off and I couldn't in good conscience ignore what was happening. These older people were about to get ripped off. So I turn around start shouting at this woman and cussing at her. Ran her off. These tourist were dumbfounded and stopped in their tracks. After a moment, I said look, two things were about to happen here.

1. She would have pick pocketed / stolen your wallet
2. She would have ripped you off for a lot of money.

They said o but she had a very heartfelt story of her husband leaving her and the only possession she had was this gold ring she wanted us to buy. I said, and you know this is a real gold ring and her story is true how? I said you opened your wallet and showed this lady how much you had and how much she can steal. Don't be a sucker or an obvious tourist or this isn't going to be a fun vacation for you.

They thanked me and apologized for getting upset with me initially.

FYI: Paris is also riddled with West Africans selling cheap ass trinkets from China. Another story for another day.

Last edited:

Not quite sure how it is, but i dont think you can get welfare here if you dont have a address, and if you ask you will be given a place to live, but of course if you then waste all your money on alcohol or drugs you are not living there for long even if the rent money you dont get your fingers on.

I'd rather donate to the street performers who offer a service than the people who beg and are a nuisance.

Friend with shop downtown calls cops daily on them for their antics. A woman sleeps and pees in his lot nightly where he has to take bleach and clean up her mess in the AM

He should do like that other shop / factory / whatever on youtube, i think the youtube money offset the hassle of it all.

Spotted this Altima get skwerly and tag the wall on the way into work yesterday :oops:

I swear, the guy was the spittin image of George Floyd and looked to be just as high :unsure:

He had no idea what had just happened and was walking dangerously into the path of traffic.

I asked if he wanted me to call for help and he said no, so I went on my way.

Camera(s) used:

BlueSkySea B1W
Blue SkySea B2W
BlueSkySea Mini0906

The reason some of my videos are muted are that i also sing along in the car, and i dont want someone to enter me into one of those talent shows on TV.
I only sing for myself,,,,,, and a girl if i could fine one worth singing for. :)

Here's a little senior moment I had yesterday

I had been on the hunt for a vehicle scale to have my Land Cruiser weighed before doing some suspension work

A local scrap yard about 6 miles away got back to me, so I headed out there and it wasn't until I pulled into their driveway that I realized I drove my minivan (DOH!!)

Self irony, and awareness, very important things for a man to have. :)

In Orlando, it's illegal to panhandle unless you have a permit, so every morning, tons of homeless folks (or folks that want you to believe that they're homeless) line up outside the office downtown to pay for a daily permit (I think it's like $50 bucks) just so they can beg for money all day :rolleyes:
Amazing homeless can come up with the $50 daily permit. Must be making a lot more money than I suspect. Wish they'd do something around here about it, but cops run from them and the city gov. doesn't want to deal with it.

I had some woman running around in traffic kicking today. Nothing heard or seen earphone wise, just bizarre leg kicks sometimes at other's bumpers (She left mine alone!) and the video is more weird to watch except I cannot upload video due to my slow AOL-speed like DSL that would take all day to do.

California has really become a third-world state. Pass laws and bills for them, but we just get more of them on the street. Someone is cashing in on the gov. dolling out money to shelters (mostly empty) and buildings for them. They prefer to stay out of them and urban camp in people's yards.

Crazy-2A.jpg

Crazy-2B.jpg

I figure the dash cam might help me with an insurance claim against these people should they scratch or kick in a panel.

With just half a inclination here you dont have to be homeless, so it seem like many choose to live that way, which to a "normal" person is bizarre.
BUT ! there is no doubt that things are only getting worse here too, its like there is some kind of price for running the country down, and we have pretty much run out of conservative parties, they still exist but their politics are pretty much just a mirror of the social democrats and other slimy people.

There will be no "Make Denmark great again" we have passed the point of no return i think.

Amazing homeless can come up with the $50 daily permit. Must be making a lot more money than I suspect. Wish they'd do something around here about it, but cops run from them and the city gov. doesn't want to deal with it.

I had some woman running around in traffic kicking today. Nothing heard or seen earphone wise, just bizarre leg kicks sometimes at other's bumpers (She left mine alone!) and the video is more weird to watch except I cannot upload video due to my slow AOL-speed like DSL that would take all day to do.

California has really become a third-world state. Pass laws and bills for them, but we just get more of them on the street. Someone is cashing in on the gov. dolling out money to shelters (mostly empty) and buildings for them. They prefer to stay out of them and urban camp in people's yards.

View attachment 53095

View attachment 53096

I figure the dash cam might help me with an insurance claim against these people should they scratch or kick in a panel.

The 1980s are calling. Someone wants their can of hairspray back!

Joking aside your homeless are a mish mash of people with undiagnosed mental illness, those on drugs, and then the scammers. I'm guessing she was in category #1 or #2.

I was in line once, and the guy ahead of me was having a full conversation. I thought well maybe he was on a call with bluetooth or had earbuds in. After a few minutes of this, I realized the guy was just plain batsh*t. No Earbuds, No Phone, he was just talking to himself and answering. People like this who do live on the street, are often not the ones holding signs. The ones holding signs are scamming people. The true mentally ill often are looking for food, acting strangely, or ignoring people.

Amazing homeless can come up with the $50 daily permit. Must be making a lot more money than I suspect.

You'd be surprised. We had a guy here known as "the sign man" and one of his friends was a neighbor of mine. On a good day he made half of what it took me a week to earn, and that only took standing around for half a day to do :eek: Not all of them do this well but the better and smarter ones do. We still have some hanging around at intersections and parking lots but it's illegal and they generally get only one warning before they get a free ride to jail, so it hasn't proliferated here ;) And there's no nonsense such as washing windshields and demanding money for it as they'd soon find a redneck giving them a butt-kicking for vthat with the local Cops not seeing a thing...

Phil

There is a guy here in town, about my age i think, he drive around in a electric chair and always have his pacifier in his mouth, so maybe not PC i call him pacifier guy.
Crazy come in many shapes it seem.
I have no idea what is his problem, he can handle the electric chair just fine as i have never seen him in it in a place where he do not belong, and he do get around too, i have seen him on the other side of town, so thats all the day downhill thru down town and then up the hill on the south side of town, so quite some range in that chair of his.

Beggars and panhandlers i cant say i have seen many of in the past 10 - 20 years, but that is solely to do with me not going to the areas where they operate, CUZ i know they are here, and this time of the year most of them are not even Danes.

Back in the 1970s/80s one of the local TV stations did an undercover investigation of the panhandlers in the Detroit area. They followed one guy who, it turned out, lived in one of the more affluent suburbs. He left home in a suit and tie, drove downtown, changed clothes and spent about 7 hours on the streets (about 11:00AM to 6:00PM) asking for handouts, then would change cloths back and head home. When confronted after the fact he admitted to making well over US$100,000 a year (remember this was back in the 70s/80s so that was a whole lot of money).

I haven't given a dime to anyone on the street since then.

Edit: A more recent report - https://www.wxyz.com/news/ronnie-da...gging-in-the-suburbs-as-panhandling-increases

Last edited:
Back in the 1970s/80s one of the local TV stations did an undercover investigation of the panhandlers in the Detroit area. They followed one guy who, it turned out, lived in one of the more affluent suburbs. He left home in a suit and tie, drove downtown, changed clothes and spent about 7 hours on the streets (about 11:00AM to 6:00PM) asking for handouts, then would change cloths back and head home. When confronted after the fact he admitted to making well over US$100,000 a year (remember this was back in the 70s/80s so that was a whole lot of money).

I haven't given a dime to anyone on the street since then.

Edit: A more recent report - https://www.wxyz.com/news/ronnie-da...gging-in-the-suburbs-as-panhandling-increases

Again, most of the homeless who are begging with signs are not in need. You're better off giving to homeless shelters, food pantries, and community outreach organizations if you want a guarantee that money donated will be spent appropriately. The truly homeless and those with mental health issues are generally not the ones holding up signs asking for money.

Don't give to these folks. Plain and simple.

Back