A bunch of my own dash cam videos......

Heading to the shop, I spotted a Trumper and decided to give him a little honk with the Train Horns

Horns Used: Nathan Airchime K3

Camera(s) Used: BlueSkySea B2W Insta360 One X

At least you did not head in the direction of Philly, there you would need more than a horn,,,, or at the very least all of the car aside the driver seat to be one big airtank.

Here are last night's winners....

Camera(s) used:

BlueSkySea B1W
BlueSkySea B2W
BlueSkySea Mini0906
Samsung Note 9

OK, I gotta admit, this could've been a lot worse.

This lady in a black Nissan apparently didn't see my big white minivan as she tried to change lanes.

A quick blast with the horns set her straight, but it definitely scared her as she came close to hitting a truck in the left lane.

Camera(s) used:

BlueSkySea B1W
BlueSkySea B2W
BlueSkySea Mini0906

I am just glad i did not get arrested tonight,i was participating in a civil disobedience protest ( buying beer after 22:00 ) but stupid me i forgot to "strip" so good thing i was not padded down or i would have been arrested for sure.

This might end up being a expensive beer, but if it do, when the final check are settles i will have taken it 100 fold back.

I saw the turn signal on, I would have just slowed down a little and let the driver in.

Reactions: EGS
I saw the turn signal on, I would have just slowed down a little and let the driver in.
I think that is exactly what turn signals are for? So that people can avoid accidents?

If the drivers behind are just going to ignore the turn signals then they seem totally pointless...

But I am in the UK, so am not qualified to comment, and passing that car would have been illegal here anyway, turn signal or not!

If I wasn't already going faster than the other driver, I would've let her over, but by the time I saw her signal, I was already commited to passing.

Keep in mind the cars are closer than they actually appear given the wide angle.

I think that is exactly what turn signals are for? So that people can avoid accidents?

If the drivers behind are just going to ignore the turn signals then they seem totally pointless...

But I am in the UK, so am not qualified to comment, and passing that car would have been illegal here anyway, turn signal or not!

In the states it's legal to pass on the right.

Also, just because someone uses a signal doesn't mean that they have the right of way.

It's still up to them to make sure it's clear before changing lanes.

Also, just because someone uses a signal doesn't mean that they have the right of way.
But we all have a responsibility to avoid accidents if possible, so although they don't have the right of way and should turn their signal back off and give way when they see you, if the turn signal stays on then you should take action to limit the risk of an accident, actions such as not passing and not using an excessively loud horn to make them crash into someone else! I assume that also applies in USA, but maybe not?

Keep in mind the cars are closer than they actually appear given the wide angle.
Yes, a problem with a lot of dashcam video. Since it is always impossible to judge the FOV of the camera in use when watching, it is inevitable that we will misjudge the situations.

If I wasn't already going faster than the other driver, I would've let her over, but by the time I saw her signal, I was already commited to passing.

In the states it's legal to pass on the right.

It's still up to them to make sure it's clear before changing lanes.
It's not legal to pass on the right here in SC most of the time. The law mentions that is does not fully apply to city driving but it can still be enforced there. We also have a law about "unnecessarily driving at a speed which impedes the normal flow of traffic" but what do you do when the person to your left is driving slowly and you want to go closer to the speed limit? :eek: They don't specify that, nor do they seem to much enforce either of these laws.

Have to back up 98 SNAKE EATER here. The woman should have decided to get over earlier and then the way for her would have been clear with nobody having to adjust to that :cautious: Good driving requires that you pay attention to everything going on around you and that you think ahead and plan your moves so that other drivers are not affected by them. It is never acceptable to try moving over when there is another vehicle and it's safe following distance in the way :mad: It's not enough that you don't crash into someone; the safety space is theirs too ;)

Phil

You can pass on the right here if the left lane hogger are not keeping up to speed, though that situation is frowned upon.
Or say you are arriving at a intersection where traffic are just starting in the L lane but you are in the empty R lane and at speed.
No matter what people mush check when they change lane i assume, at least that only sound reasonable to me that if you make a course change, you make sure you can do that before you put over the helm.

And now i am thinking about the Japanese pilot that was no good at English or listening, so i misunderstood him, called out what i had heard, and then i put in a lot of rudder on the 200 M / 1/8 mile long tanker to make it turn 90 deg to the left ( port )
And what was the plan from the pilot was to change from a heading of 200 deg to 190 deg, but i heard 090 degrees and called that out before i engaged course change,,,,,, as a good sailor / helm man must do.
And it made sense as to port was nothing but open ocean.
Captain and navigator also heard it all, and had no complaints,,,,,, neither had the pilot though he of course barked out new headings as i raced past the heading that was his plan to steer.
So MT Torm Kristina did make a S move for sure :)

It looks to me like the driver turned on the turn signal while the other car was passing. The driver with the dashcam was a full three "lines" behind. It appears the delay pulling over was checking for traffic, saw none and proceeded to pull over, at which point the driver with the dashcam was in their blind spot.
Who needs that kind of horn anyway? Personally, I would have been too ashamed to post that video, the poster is lucky they did not cause a major accident with that horn.

Yeah the few missiles and the auto gun out front are not impressive, at least it should have been a rail gun.

Sensors and
processing systems:
  • 1 Thales Nederland SMART-L long-range air and surface surveillance radar
  • 1 Thales Nederland APAR air and surface search, tracking and guidance radar (I band)
  • 1 Terma SCANTER 6000 surveillance and helicopter guidance radar
  • Atlas ASO 94 hull mounted sonar
  • 2 Saab CEROS 200 fire control radars
  • ES-3701 Tactical Radar Electronic Support Measures (ESM)
Electronic warfare
& decoys:
Armament:
Aircraft carried:1 × MH-60R
ALso pack a few 50 and 30 cal MGs, which along with bording crew from the special forces are normally what do the job down there.
Now our Terma stuff, well it is no secret since someone illegally allowed the Americans to tap the Danish internet, which they promptly used to spy against various government branches and companies such as Terma.

Now with friends like that, who need enemies
And with politicians like we have, who really need Denmark to be a democracy cuz clearly we have achieved total enlightenment in government.

When i was sailing the only problem spot was the Malacca strait, there we just locked down the ship and made fire hoses ready, and something heavy to drop on the head of AK-74 - handgranade and RPG-7 carrying bad guys.
Twist locks was a popular ammo, but on tankers those are not found. and one of those from up high will cave in a skull nicely.

Last edited:
Still deciding what dash cam(s) to put in my 70 T/A, but here's a little 360* cam footage from earlier today

I had originally wanted some interior clips to add to external 360* footage, but that annoying squeaky clutch pedal made me go back to my shop for a little squirt of Kroil

Still deciding what dash cam(s) to put in my 70 T/A, but here's a little 360* cam footage from earlier today

I had originally wanted some interior clips to add to external 360* footage, but that annoying squeaky clutch pedal made me go back to my shop for a little squirt of Kroil

How about trying out the B4K+Rear dashcam?

Snake eater test more on the B2W than i did, at least in the car where i assume his still are.
@estore009 Have you put up the crash footage you got from my B2W ?
The new Blueskysea cameras are looking much better from my perspective ( never personally liked any camera with 2 in 1 setup )
The B2K look small and cute, and it can be swiveled to the sides which many people wanting to film people at the door will like, if the ball joint are strong it will be fine ( and i think it are mount look compact )
The B4K also look nice, though the wide screen confuse me making it appear larger than it actually are ( i think )

Last edited:
Vintage cars have advantages and disadvantages when it comes to dashcams. Upsides are easy powering, no electronics to interfere with in the car, and almost no mounting restrictions. Downsides are trim pieces don't snap on and off, those may be metal so wire shorting needs careful consideration, and that anything electronic looks out of place. IMHO smaller is better here and suction mounting may be better so it can be easily removed and hidden for displaying at car shows etc. Protection needs remain the same keeping in mind that car repairs after a crash will likely encounter a shortage of undamaged replacement parts and much higher costs when they can be found so as always insurance coverage is your real protection- cams only help that process work in your favor.

Phil

A 70 T/A is indeed a oldie by now.
Never been a favorite of mine, but it will be hard for a gear head to dismiss the Firebirds, not least that one made famous by a certain movie :cool:

Back