A bunch of my own dash cam videos......

Vintage cars have advantages and disadvantages when it comes to dashcams. Upsides are easy powering, no electronics to interfere with in the car, and almost no mounting restrictions. Downsides are trim pieces don't snap on and off, those may be metal so wire shorting needs careful consideration, and that anything electronic looks out of place. IMHO smaller is better here and suction mounting may be better so it can be easily removed and hidden for displaying at car shows etc. Protection needs remain the same keeping in mind that car repairs after a crash will likely encounter a shortage of undamaged replacement parts and much higher costs when they can be found so as always insurance coverage is your real protection- cams only help that process work in your favor.

Phil

All true

I just wish my daily driver's had the type of coverage my weekend toys have

A 70 T/A is indeed a oldie by now.
Never been a favorite of mine, but it will be hard for a gear head to dismiss the Firebirds, not least that one made famous by a certain movie :cool:

Yeah, she's old, but not the oldest of my cars

Here's my 69 Road Runner

IMAG1115.jpg

And my 29 Model A

hotrodemail2.jpg

The T/A is actually one of 2 as I'm currently restoring my Ram Air IV, which I've had since I was 18

Trans-Am-1-Medium.jpg

20201117-164056-Medium.jpg

She's my baby :)

Drove her all through college and plan on being buried in her

Anyhoo, here's some 360* footage of the Ram Air III in action (view with YouTube app for VR)

I have always liked shaker hoods more than just a big gaping intake hole on the hood, but either are only legal here unless it is factory, otherwise you cant go bolt dangerous things to your car that might hurt a cyclist if you run one over.
I would like a Roadrunner and a Nova in my collection too, but over here really you have to buy such a car ready to enjoy as parts sourcing are a pain, not least when you are not used to such things.
And then it is going to cost ya, and the lotto gods are still forsaking me, so just a exhaust pipe dream for me.
Actual working bull bars are also illegal here now, but something that look like one in flimsy pipe are still legal, personally i am sure that if you hit someone or something, you not doing that is probably what they would prefer.

There are PPL here enjoying American steel, and must be dedicated people with the price of gasoline here which are around 3 - 4 X of the US price.

The annual US car meet in Øster hurup, biggest meet over here are only 24 miles from where i live.

There are PPL here enjoying American steel, and must be dedicated people with the price of gasoline here which are around 3 - 4 X of the US price.
Time to go for an electric American Muscle Car then!

I have always liked shaker hoods more than just a big gaping intake hole on the hood, but either are only legal here unless it is factory, otherwise you cant go bolt dangerous things to your car that might hurt a cyclist if you run one over.
I would like a Roadrunner and a Nova in my collection too, but over here really you have to buy such a car ready to enjoy as parts sourcing are a pain, not least when you are not used to such things.
And then it is going to cost ya, and the lotto gods are still forsaking me, so just a exhaust pipe dream for me.
Actual working bull bars are also illegal here now, but something that look like one in flimsy pipe are still legal, personally i am sure that if you hit someone or something, you not doing that is probably what they would prefer.

The annual US car meet in Øster hurup, biggest meet over here are only 24 miles from where i live.

This shaker is original equipent and fully functional

As for being legal, in Florida pretty much anything goes.

With crazy stuff like train horns, critter blasters and flamethrowers on my vehicles, an illegal hood scoop would be the least of my concerns lol

Nice to see some American Classics out on your end

We have a few decent car shows out here.

When I'm in Florida, I go to the weekly show at Old Town

And when in New York, I go to the weekly show at Oak Beach

We also have a Tuesday show in West Babylon

That's silly

The flimsy dealer installed bull bars are nothing but damage multipliers.

After hitting this freezer on the highway with my Land Cruiser, replaced the factory bumper with a custom solid plate style bull bar

biorbumperspray17.jpg

topplatedimensions.jpg

winchcoverlightinstall9.jpg

beachcruisindemo.jpg

Took my dad and my cousin for a spin

Camera used: Insta 360 One X

After a year in Florida, I had to drive my Grandma back home to NY as she didn't want to fly

Made a little Timelapse vid

Camera(s) used:

BlueSkySea B2W

Well kids today dont apreciate a proper car, they want some ricer with big turbos like in the movies.

Well kids today dont apreciate a proper car, they want some ricer with big turbos like in the movies.
Aren't turbos out of date these days?
Time for electric motors with regenerative braking and super capacitor boost!
Unlike turbos, you can also use them on bikes:

Yeah interesting, i wonder what the "make a lot of noise" crown will do, but i assume they will keep driving vintage gas burners as putting in a big stereo in your E-car will cut severely into your mileage not least if you got to have 4 sub woofers going at 500 Watts so you can maintain your 120 DB noise level and appear cool and all that.

Did the other victim benefit from the footage?

Nice, that B2W of yours i think you have proven it work just fine.

He said he'll be forwading the footage to them :cool:

Here's a short unboxing video of my new B4K :)

Might head into the shop later tonight to install it :unsure:
Make sure to use this supplied USB cigarette lighter charger(5V, 2A at least). B4K duo cannot work well if it was a 5V, 1.5A adapter!

The B4K does need adequate powering. I had a wall-powered phone charger going here which worked for other cams, but the B4K just boot-looped using it. After trying a few cards then trying it in the van again where it worked fine, I came back in and checked the phone charger and fouind it had only a 600mA rating :eek: Swapped it out for a 2A rated one and all was well once again :cool:

Any 4K cam has more work for the processor to do so the older HWK's and PS's may not handle them well even if they worked perfectly with older cams. I expect we're going to see more people needing to upgrade their power schemes as these new cams become more common.

Phil

Installed it last night along side my BlueSkySea Mini0906, B1W and B2W

One thing I noticed is that the files are TS and not MP4 :unsure:

This made things a bit difficult because they won't work with my editing software :confused:

I had to use HandBrake on my Windows Surface to convert the TS files to MP4, then transfer them to my laptop for editing (HandBrake doesn't work on my laptop for some reason)

This was a bit of a chore cause it takes about 10 minutes to convert each 5 minute clip :cautious:

Made a short comparison video with the Mini0906

I can't say I notice much difference in image quality, but I'l let you guys decide (I usually judge by how far I can read plates and signs)

There was a huge difference in audio though

The Audio tracks from both clips were left untouched and you can clearly see which one was louder/clearer

Does renaming the file with ".mp4" work with your editor?
(They both contain H265, just a small difference in layout and the file extension. It would be a bit quicker to convert it does!)

Installed it last night along side my BlueSkySea Mini0906, B1W and B2W

This made things a bit difficult because they won't work with my editing software :confused:

I had to use HandBrake on my Windows Surface to convert the TS files to MP4, then transfer them to my laptop for editing (HandBrake doesn't work on my laptop for some reason)

This was a bit of a chore cause it takes about 10 minutes to convert each 5 minute clip :cautious:

Made a short comparison video with the Mini0906

I can't say I notice much difference in image quality, but I'l let you guys decide (I usually judge by how far I can read plates and signs)

There was a huge difference in audio though

The Audio tracks from both clips were left untouched and you can clearly see which one was louder/clearer
I find it hard to compare picture quality between the two and YouTube may contribute to that due to compression, but one difference I have noticed is the rear camera of the B4K. To me it seems a bit sharper than the front unit plus it as a green tint to it.

Sound is definitely louder and clearer in the B4K and that's a nice plus.

I don't know if you have noticed some occasional stutter in the B4k clip, particularly noticeable when you turn in to the parking lot. It's happening at about a second interval. Don't know if that kind of thing is anything that concerns you but I wouldn't like to se that on mine. The footage from the mini seems to play nice and smoothly.

Back