a car camera journal

abarth

Reaction score
Country
United States
Dash Cam
SGZC12RC░░ mini0805░░ viofoA119░░B1W
I'm a cyclist. and this is why some people hate them.

anyone who's been to san Francisco knows how steep some of the hills are. here's a capture of me cresting taylor street on a green light:

IMG_5956.JPG

and here's the idiot that I see in the intersection as my vehicle is leveling out:

IMG_5958.JPG

it was very, very close. I had to full on stomp on my brakes to avoid this idiot. I had my wife and baby in the car. when I was a younger man, I may have considered a pursuit.

IMG_5959.JPG

I want to think that this is a wake-up call for this fool but maybe it just emboldened him and gave him a rush. :rolleyes: and here he is riding into opposite traffic:

IMG_5960.JPG

I don't know about anyone else, but I can't view the attachments.
You do not have permission to view this page or perform this action.

The look on their face makes me think that they're lucky their pants are brown.

In that last photo, I like your transparent hood where you can see the tram lines through it! Would have made it easy to see what had happened to the cyclist if you hadn't quite stopped in time!

I almost had the same happen today just with a pedestrian and in the open, but this guy ( alcoholic / junkie type ) just eased over the 2 lane road giving fawk all about traffic.
So i decided to stop close to the idiot.
Lucky for him i was in a good mood, and my stereo blasting mean i dident hear anything he said, but on a bad day then my capture could well have been of me bitch slapping a idiot.

I am totally okay with people making a mistake or having a lapse of poor judgment, but when they just flip me off like this, then i catch myself wishing i did not have dashcams and that it was late at night with no witnesses around, cuz really i wouldn't mind teaching a person like that the hard way. ( which are often all they understand )

Will update with video a little later.

In that last photo, I like your transparent hood where you can see the tram lines through it! Would have made it easy to see what had happened to the cyclist if you hadn't quite stopped in time!

haha! no photo editing. I think that's the reflection of my dash vents. but man...I work with a lot of bike messengers and I respect so much with what they deal with. as much of a bike enthusiast as I am, I get to ride out from a suburban house and not into crazy hectic commutes like these city cyclists.

I almost had the same happen today just with a pedestrian and in the open, but this guy ( alcoholic / junkie type ) just eased over the 2 lane road giving fawk all about traffic.
So i decided to stop close to the idiot.
Lucky for him i was in a good mood, and my stereo blasting mean i dident hear anything he said, but on a bad day then my capture could well have been of me bitch slapping a idiot.

I am totally okay with people making a mistake or having a lapse of poor judgment, but when they just flip me off like this, then i catch myself wishing i did not have dashcams and that it was late at night with no witnesses around, cuz really i wouldn't mind teaching a person like that the hard way. ( which are often all they understand )

Will update with video a little later.

I feel you. san Francisco has made it so that it attracts so many tech companies so there is so much money in this town. the other side of that is a lot of people that used to live here can no longer afford to be here and end up in the streets and head towards a downward spiral. so the events you just described is something I unfortunately witness everyday.

For a while they have been talking about a housing bubble here in the larger towns, as since the financial crisis apartment and house prices in the larger towns have just exploded.
In which case the only reason there are " poor" people around in those towns are due to public housing rental apartments, and private rental which do see regulation so they cant just ramp up the rent as they please.

The guy i ran into today i am sure many Americans would trade place with in not time, he probably never worked or held down a job, so one of those lifetime social welfare people,,,,,, and really welfare ? i always been apprehensive about that word being used like that, cuz to me that then translalte into a societys disrespectful spending of public funds.

Actually right now there have never been so many people working here and so many vacant jobs, and still 300.000 persons have no job, and a further 500.000 at least are on some form of early pension like me, and many of those never have worked and never will.
And they are talking about new ways to get non skilled people ( and skilled too ) to get into Denmark, to take the jobs the Danes wont take due to " im too good for a job like that" or dont have the skills for as we educated people for the wrong things.

Yes some people here actually think like that, so they will rather be on welfare / unemployment that take a job, me personally i have held down jobs that paid 1000 - 1500 Dkkr more a month compared to my unemployment, and people i have known have said " are you stupid taking a POS job like that",,,, but i have to thats how a healthy world work, its them and the Danish society thats sick, not me.

I want to think that this is a wake-up call for this fool but maybe it just emboldened him and gave him a rush. :rolleyes: and here he is riding into opposite traffic:

My prediction is that this fellow will win himself a Darwin Award before too long. :mad: And when it happens I hope the driver has a dash cam like you did so there won't be any questions about how it all went down.

I can see i forgot to set the angle on my dashcams after a washed the inside windscreen.

Here are my event from today, added a little goodness from the car wash to end on a high note.

Now thats a man car right there, i would wheel that any-day over a fracking BMW or what have you.

here's a quick vid of some snippets of my daily drive to work. my commute to work is usually not too terrible as I leave early enough not to get caught in crazy traffic but my drive home is hell. I might have to make another vid for that.

Thats something else my my home town.

I used to work in SF and know that street. I get PTSD just from looking at it :cry: Luckily, these days, I only venture into SF about once a year.

I figure no matter the size of a city there will always be some streets that lure you in, thats also how it is for me where i live, i probably only drive 1 % of the streets here as i have no reason to venture out on any of the other ones.
Same in my birth town the #2 largest town here, and dont get me started on street names, my brain never really wanted to store those, but mention a shop ot two on the street and i would probably know what you mean.
I did know the 10 or so street names in the neighborhood where i grew up, but i often mixed them up.

The street in the photo has steps on the left side.

taylor.jpg

I used to work in SF and know that street. I get PTSD just from looking at it :cry: Luckily, these days, I only venture into SF about once a year.

I still remember when I was 16 years old and 2 weeks in from learning how to drive a manual and going up this hill. it was an adventure. I made it up the hill but not without some burned clutch and a lot of unintentional tire smoke. :LOL:

Back