A Couple Newbie Questions

CGR

Reaction score
Country
United States
After using the CaroO dashcam app on my smartphone for a few weeks, I finally broke down and bought a new Mini 0806. I've been trying to learn how to operate it for a couple days, and I must say that it is not the most intuitive piece of equipment I've ever owned. That being said, I have some questions that I'm hoping someone may be able to answer.

1. If I place the camera in standby mode by clicking the OK button while it is recording, it does indeed go into standby, but then it automatically starts recording a short time later (perhaps 30 seconds or so). Is this normal? I can find nothing in the settings that would allow me to change this. I'd prefer that it remain in standby until I tell it to start recording again.

2. I have found how to mark a recording (by clicking the down key) to keep it from being overwritten. When I try to delete the file from within the camera, it won't let me do it (unless of course I remove the protection). That part is fine. However, when I connect the camera to my computer, all the files are in the same folder, and I'm able to delete any/all of them, including the ones I "protected." The camera doesn't place the "protected" files in their own separate folder (as my CaroO app did), and there is nothing unique about the file name of a protected file that would help me identify it as a protected file. Am I missing something here? I haven't had an occasion yet where the g-sensor protected a file, but I assume those "events" don't have any unique folder or file name information either. Correct?

3. I set the date in the camera settings, and it stays set until I turn the camera off. When I power the camera back up, the correct date data has been lost and it defaults back to the same 2014 date that it showed before I set it. Any files saved when the display shows the 2014 date are saved with the incorrect date. Any ideas why this is happening?

Thanks in advance for any input you can provide.

1. Sounds like you have motion detect on???

2. Use Registrator Viewer and you'll easily see which files are your event files

3. Sounds like you have a dud

After using the CaroO dashcam app on my smartphone for a few weeks, I finally broke down and bought a new Mini 0806. I've been trying to learn how to operate it for a couple days, and I must say that it is not the most intuitive piece of equipment I've ever owned. That being said, I have some questions that I'm hoping someone may be able to answer.

1. If I place the camera in standby mode by clicking the OK button while it is recording, it does indeed go into standby, but then it automatically starts recording a short time later (perhaps 30 seconds or so). Is this normal? I can find nothing in the settings that would allow me to change this. I'd prefer that it remain in standby until I tell it to start recording again.

2. I have found how to mark a recording (by clicking the down key) to keep it from being overwritten. When I try to delete the file from within the camera, it won't let me do it (unless of course I remove the protection). That part is fine. However, when I connect the camera to my computer, all the files are in the same folder, and I'm able to delete any/all of them, including the ones I "protected." The camera doesn't place the "protected" files in their own separate folder (as my CaroO app did), and there is nothing unique about the file name of a protected file that would help me identify it as a protected file. Am I missing something here? I haven't had an occasion yet where the g-sensor protected a file, but I assume those "events" don't have any unique folder or file name information either. Correct?

3. I set the date in the camera settings, and it stays set until I turn the camera off. When I power the camera back up, the correct date data has been lost and it defaults back to the same 2014 date that it showed before I set it. Any files saved when the display shows the 2014 date are saved with the incorrect date. Any ideas why this is happening?

Thanks in advance for any input you can provide.

1. Just tested our units. When placed in standby mode, it will eventually turn off and not start recording again.

2. Protected files have the "read only" attribute to their properties.

3. And yes, sounds like you have a dud. Contact the vendor and ask for an exchange, it is not suppose to do that.

I thank both of you for the very prompt input. I will contact the vendor and hopefully he will do an exchange.

The answer to 3 is that the internal battery has had it (send it back)

The vendor has recommended that I charge it overnight to make sure the battery has a chance to fully charge. If that does't work, he will exchange it.

The vendor has recommended that I charge it overnight to make sure the battery has a chance to fully charge. If that does't work, he will exchange it.

if i am not mistaken, when it is powered on and recording, it charges at the same time. but glad to hear!

be very carefull the symptoms you are seeing is the start of the battery dieing. As said above it should charge when in use in the car.
If it was me I would want a replacement

John

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
M Mini 0806 0
L Mini 0806 6
Indy_68_S Mini 0806 37
T Mini 0806 5
T Mini 0806 6
Back