A couple of x2Pro install questions

Damn Dirty Ape

Reaction score
Country
United States
`1. Which install base should be used? the one that is flat or the one that has a slight angle to it? This would be on a front windshield on a car.

2. Which plug end should be used on the rear plug on the camera? The angled or straight?

3. Are the anti-rattle pads still supposed to be used? if so , mounted on the base or camera? Does it really matter?

thanks

1) The wedge mount gives extra clearance for the CPL filter. The latest flat one is actually a lot thicker than it used to be in the latest production so either would be ok if the flat one is super thick looking.

2) You can't use the angled plug on the front camera (won't fit right), need to use the straight plug in the front on the SGGCX2PRO. (angled on the rear camera)

3) Yes apply one piece of EVA foam to eliminate future rattle. I made a video showing how to put one on the SG9663DC but it's the same for SGGCX2/Pro

Last edited:
1: Anyone should be fine, the thicker one are for cars with very steep windscreen angles.
2: I use the angled one on my DC rear camera, there you also need a angled one on the front as the SG0663DC have the plugs on the side. SGGCX2PRO require strait plug at front unit and angled at rear camera.
3: Don't have to use EVA pads, i normally don't use them in the beginning, but if a rattle pop up in audio later on i know what it is and that the EVA pad there there to stop that.
I think they are meant to go on the camera, so be sure to register first as the pad might cover camera number sticker.

Last edited:
2: I use the angled one on my DC rear camera, there you also need a angled one on the front as the DC have the plugs on the side, i think you can use what are best for your scenario.

Angled rear camera plug won't' fit on the front of the SGGCX2PRO because the plugs are on the top, not on the side like SG9663DC

Yeah i realized that, and probably better to use the thicker mount, which i have always done myself, for some unknown reason.

One other followup question on this install - how does one access the unofficial wi-fi settings in the menu and then activate it? I'd like to use that and an ipad to make sure i get this thing mounted straight lol.

I'm using the current beta firmware for the x2pro

I always just eyeball it in relation to windscreen edge or the pattern on the dotted area, and i have yet to do a install so bad that i would have to redo it.

you can also power camera on temperately and see what the image on the little screen say, just don't have the camera all the way on the mount cuz you will have to slide it off and then press the mount on and let it sit alone for a while before you put the camera back on the mount.

1) The wedge mount gives extra clearance for the CPL filter. The latest flat one is actually a lot thicker than it used to be in the latest production so either would be ok if the flat one is super thick looking.

2) You can't use the angled plug on the front camera (won't fit right), need to use the straight plug in the front on the SGGCX2PRO. (angled on the rear camera)

3) Yes apply one piece of EVA foam to eliminate future rattle. I made a video showing how to put one on the SG9663DC but it's the same for SGGCX2/Pro

Ok I kind of ****ed up. I used the flat one and CPL could not angle high enough to get that 50/50 split look I want. Should have gone with the wedge. Don't know if it's just me but mine was not thick.

Have the Pro+ model.

Ok I kind of ****ed up. I used the flat one and CPL could not angle high enough to get that 50/50 split look I want. Should have gone with the wedge. Don't know if it's just me but mine was not thick.

Have the Pro+ model.

The 2 new included X2pro mounts are thin and thick. The thick one replaced the wedge one. Use the thick one to give a bit more clearance for the CPL to fit better.

I bought (my second) x2pro+ on amazon a month ago and it came with 2 identical mounts, both flat and the thickness is absolutely the same, so the CPL filter prevents from making the camera look high enough. It's not bad, but I'd changed the angle higher.

That’s strange, send me a private message or support email with your details and we’ll send you a new mount.

I have removed my comment: as I mentioned - this is my second camera, and I just looked at the wrong box now (facepalm)

Now I need to learn how to properly detach the one I attached yesterday and clean the windscreen :-S

Back