A fairly uneventful day on the highways in NE US

dash riposki

Reaction score
Country
Thailand
Dash Cam
too many
Light traffic and the normal amount of bad drivers.
I'm not happy the winter sun and glare meant the side cam video of the MANY texting drivers was mostly worthless....except this one.

I had some gent in a new range rover in the next lane to me, texting away for a long time, but the damn tinted windows seemed 'mobius' proofed.
:)
My favorite also didn't show up well in the files, a little tootsie in a white CRV, smiling and texting. She had a 'baby on board' sticker on the back. Was hoping to see the phone clearly in her hands, and a little head bobbing in a car seat, but no luck.

White work vans never fail to provide some entertainment!

Small Suv's, also.

Let's not neglect the big trucks. This guy apparently missed his exit, but 'corrected' it.
:(

maybe the trucker needs new glasses and has to be almost right on top of the sign for exit 67 before he can read it.

Last edited:
I like the people trying to hide the phone in their lap, as if you cant see they are doing that looking almost strait down with their head bend over.

I dont get why people are so addicted to these things, in truth they dont really do anything useful for you most of the time.

I have educated all the people i know to respect me and not call with BS i cant hardly relate to, and if i was on those social media i would tell people if you post stupid sh,,, stuff like pictures of your evening meal and expect me to like that, then you are going strait off my "friend" list.
And then with that proper use of media like that, then there is really no real need to have such things, cuz used wrong as it is now its just stupid snowballing.

Thanks for the laughs Dash.

JB Hunt outsourced eh? Looks like they get what they pay for! hahaha

JB Hunt has has a smallish number of owner operators for a while.
J. B. Hunt was the first 'mega' carrier, but they've somewhat gotten away from that business model, and it's not been an insult to be called likened to one of their drivers in a while. (Not that they've gotten better, others have gotten much worse)

The guy on Facebook probably assumed he was safe because he had no police as 'friends', :)

I've noticed more people holding the phones down near the bottom of the dash, 'hiding it', which means they have to take their eyes off the road more. (But I can still see it)

I'm more likely to see people texting in single occupant cars. I'm not sure if it's the presence of somebody else in the car that keeps people from doing it, or that they have somebody to talk to? (Not as bored) I have seen a few drivers texting who do have passengers, though.

Here's one from north of New Haven, CT, at 5:20 am this morning. About 31 F, rain mixed with snow, and he's driving down the road with the interior light on, reading a spread out newspaper.

O yeah, he is going places :rolleyes:

Well, at least he's not texting!!!!!

:eek: Most likely into a guard rail!

Where some insurance company will still pay off anyway and with the rest of us being forced to sustain that practice through mandatory car insurance bills we have to pay:mad:

Perhaps someone will devise a head restraint, ostensibly for crash-protection purposes, that forces people to look only straight ahead when driving since they can't seem to figure out how to do that by themselves :p

Phil

A big truck swerved toward me and I had to take evasive action!!!!!!!!

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
kirby34 Your Dash Cam Videos (recorded by you) 10