A few problems with a new A129 Pro Duo

I've just completed a 50 miles round trip and found all expected files present and correct. This was with the HK3 power plugged directly into the camera unit. I conclude the problems I've been having are with the GPS module so off to the Viofo support site now to initiate a support request...
But you see your coordinates and speed, right? If so, unfortunately that seems more likely the flex cable I was talking about is bad. The traces are probably thick enough to power the GPS mount (while it's plugged to the cam) but not for providing power to the dashcam while it's plugged to the mount.

Are you saying the camera is powering the GPS mount?

Are you saying the camera is powering the GPS mount?
Well, in the mount there is GPS module and when you plug the power to the dashcam, it needs to feed to power "back" to the mount to get the GPS informations.

To get better idea from this post:

img_20200523_185039-jpg.51776

That small and thin silver strip is the flex cable which routes power and communication wires to the connector at the top of your camera (which is used for slide-in mount) The direction of the power feed is based only on where you connect the power connector. The problem is that the flex cable is bent quite sharp near the heatsink (grey part at the left side) and that probably causes not being sufficient (high resistance) for providing power to whole camera but it's able to feed power to the mount (due to lower power draw).

OK. Let me be understand this better... Is that flex cable within the GPS Mount? Or in the HW3 kit? Or in the camera? Thanks...

OK> So my problem isn't going to be the HW3 kit or its installation. It might be the GPS module or it might be the camera itself (I aint taking apart a two-month old camera to look!)

If it runs fine with the HK3 kit plugged direct into the side of the camera, but not through the GPS mount, then I would think the HK3 is OK.

As far as I know the HK3 only works if you plug it to the camera not to the GPS. There are many references to this but not in the manual. The GPS plug is only for ACC power supply without parking.
411f5babe41e63201ecca420f8e8ffe7.jpg

Enviado desde mi ELS-NX9 mediante Tapatalk

I will test again, but I have tried one or two times and it never works well.

Enviado desde mi ELS-NX9 mediante Tapatalk

Quick update: Viofo support have authorised a replacement camera so that would support @Nath in that they believe the issue is with camera's connectors.
Thanks to all for your time and contributions...

Back