A few questions after setting up my Thinkware U1000

fanami

Reaction score
Country
United States
The setup is the U1000 with front and rear cams, the radar, all powered by a cellink neo6 that’s hardwired to the car.

1. Will it ever go into parking mode like this?
2. How do I start/stop a manual recording?
3. In continuous mode there are hundreds of videos that are all 3 to 20 seconds long. Why? What does that mean and why isn’t there just one long video or a handful of 15min videos or however long my drive was?
4. I’m just sitting here parked in the garage trying to figure out the settings (60 degrees weather) and the U1000 is almost too hot to touch. Is that normal?
5. The cellink battery seems like it might last about less than 10 hours judging by the current drain rate here in my garage. This is with 4k@30/QHD@30 and these settings. Is that normal?

Thanks for any help!!

1. It should. The dash cam should give you an audio notification that it is switching to parking mode approx 5mins after the ignition is turned off.
2. You can't stop a manual recording. Press the "REC" button to start a manual record clip. A manual recording clip records 10 sec before the button press and 50 seconds after.
3. Our dash cams all record in 1 min segments. The reason you getting recordings smaller is most likely because your continuous recording sensitivity is too high. Reduce your continuous recording sensitivity to solve this.
4. Yes, 4K cams do get hot in general. The U1000 has a thermal protection mode that will safely turn the dash cam off to prevent damage.
5. Can't quote an exact time as it all depends on how many motion detection there are while you are parked.

I stayed in my car for 15min to test it, and parking mode doesn’t engage. I also walked in front of my car and shook the car to test the motion and parking impact and neither of those showed a recording.

It just stays in continuous mode forever.

I verified that the cellink is connected to an accessory fuse switch, and that it only charges when the engine is on. I also tried with the regular cigarette lighter power cord to the cellink and that does the same thing.

The battery recognizes when the car is off because it beeps, and likewise when the car turns on. But the U1000 never recognizes when the car is off.

I stayed in my car for 15min to test it, and parking mode doesn’t engage. I also walked in front of my car and shook the car to test the motion and parking impact and neither of those showed a recording.

It just stays in continuous mode forever.

I verified that the cellink is connected to an accessory fuse switch, and that it only charges when the engine is on. I also tried with the regular cigarette lighter power cord to the cellink and that does the same thing.

The battery recognizes when the car is off because it beeps, and likewise when the car turns on. But the U1000 never recognizes when the car is off.
Do you have parking mode enabled in the dash cam settings?

Back