A few vids from the weekend

thomas-dash

Reaction score
Country
United States
Dash Cam
Viofo A129 Pro Duo 4k, Viofo MT1
I was stuck at a traffic light for about 12 - 15 minutes over the weekend. A train had just passed through the area and traffic lights weren't letting the left turn lane I was in go. I abandoned the left turn after seven light cycles to take a different route. However, I did catch a BMW driver cut in front of a Lexus driver to get into the left turn lane. Pretty amusing since the lane wasn't moving. I linked it to the relevant spot:

Also, I caught a rare mass U-turn event. If bad driving was an olympic sport, then they were practicing for synchronized U-turns and the driver of the fourth vehicle would be kicked off the team for coming to practice late. I linked it to the relevant spot:

Apparently there aren't a whole lot of restrictions on U-turns in Texas.

Moving on, at the grocery store I saw three cars going the wrong way down the parking aisle in under a minute. When I looked at my Parking Mode footage I spotted a fourth one a few minutes before I came out from the store. The white car is the only one that really irritated me. I hate it when people put on their hazard lights and think that makes what they're doing ok. I felt like making them feel awkward about their decision, so I didn't give them much room to pass. The passenger was pretty upset and the driver honked at me. You have to love it when people honk at you, but don't realize their own stupidity caused the situation. Here's the video linked to the last car:

Finally, I saw a driver run a red light and proceed straight from the left lane at the next intersection. There was a car that unexpectedly made a U-turn as well.

Don't get me started on drivers who go the wrong way in parking lot aisles. Better yet, on those same one-way aisles when people pull all the way forward when parking in the diagonal spaces so that they're facing the wrong way. That behavior has always befuddled me.

Back