A forum that reviewed the wiring diagram/quality of camera chargers and flashligts

Lola

Reaction score
Country
United States
Dash Cam
Mobius, A119
I lost my link to this guys forum where he tore apart chargers and flashlights to test the design and quality of them. It's been a couple years ago (I think), does anyone have the link?

There is a Danish guy that take a through look at such things https://lygte-info.dk/

No, this guy tore apart home camera chargers and reported on the quality of the build and whether the charger put out what it was supposed to for about every charger that can be imagined, he also reviewed flashlights. The whole forum was built around his findings. He was a remarkable fellow.
We were discussing his findings at the time and I used his recommendation to purchase several, most notable of the lot was a Rav charger that was being sold cheap because of lack of buyers (Amazon) at the time, I bought one and it has turned out to be the best one I have by a long shot! Amazon had the price at $5.?? on lose out. Several friends bought them on my advice, now friends of theirs want them and, and I don't have the link, to show them why I picked that model.
I want to keep up with his findings, plus I need another flash light.

Last edited:
Glad to be of assistance :)

Yeah it seem like page layout are not his force, but i think he probably live near our capitol and so his intelligence will be impaired by that. :giggle:

Glad to be of assistance :)

Yeah it seem like page layout are not his force, but i think he probably live near our capitol and so his intelligence will be impaired by that. :giggle:

Yes you are right, I had a terrible time trying to figure out where things were! It used to be very well organized, but definitely Chaos now, I like the last part of your sentence:cool:. I believe the closer one gets towards the home address of their government, invisible rays start screwing with ones mind :eek::oops:!

Well if i ever get to Washington DC, i might take a quick stroll around the Washington monument to say been there done that, but then i also think i will be off to see the for me personally much more interesting places in that area of the US.
not that i can name that many right here and now, also a reason why i would need 6 months in the states if i ever went there, would suck immensely to have missed out on something.

He posts as "HKJ" on the flashlight forums. Lab-grade testing equipment used as it should be with all parameters thoroughly investigated. Then an expert synopsis of that along with noting the good and the not-so-good he finds. Most of what he tests he buys himself through public channels so that there's no chance for a manufacturer to send him a "special" device. If he say "don't buy" you'd better listen. In his specialties he is the best in the world bar none.

Phil

No one does so many tests with such thoroughness and detail.
Perhaps this can explain the design of the site - the tester has no time to improve :)
The main thing is the primary information on the devices, which is enough to enable you to make your own conclusions

There is no reason not to trust the results of the Danish guy tests, as well as the tests of Benson Leung

Thanks for the links guys.
These type of people are few and far between. I'm not a savvy electronics type person but I can understand that guy well enough that I know what he is saying are trending towards. That camera charger I was looking for was the best I have ever had, with absolutely no problems and very fast!
It's probably the best website going for the things he covers, just randomly pick something and you will see that this guy loves what he is doing and covers your pick better then the manufacture, with No BS!!

Back