A Little too young to Be crossing alone?

DaveLC2

Reaction score
Country
United States
Dash Cam
DOD LS360W
This kid must've been about 3 or 4 years old. Her grandpa signaled for her to go because she activated the crossing lights and the other car and myself had stopped. Gramps was WAY out of position.

In the US maybe, but here they will be bicycling alone to school by that age.

Ill see if i can save the next little cyclist i meet.

There is a little one going the other way 40 seconds into my drive fron ans to my hometown video, footage is a little flaky between the trees around that time but easy to see its a little one, and daddy is on his bike 16-20 feet behind her, o and this is a highwy where cars do 80 kmh. ( limit 60 on the causeway )

I think on the other side of that causeway there is a proper bicyclepath, that granted is better for the little ones.

In the US maybe, but here they will be bicycling alone to school by that age.

Ill see if i can save the next little cyclist i meet.

There is a little one going the other way 40 seconds into my drive fron ans to my hometown video, footage is a little flaky between the trees around that time but easy to see its a little one, and daddy is on his bike 16-20 feet behind her, o and this is a highwy where cars do 80 kmh. ( limit 60 on the causeway )

I think on the other side of that causeway there is a proper bicyclepath, that granted is better for the little ones.

Wow that road looks way too sketchy for a little kid to be riding :eek:

Yeah it is on the edge, but actually we have little kids killed in traffic every year,
I think way more get killed on the back seat of the car ther phonejunkie parents are supposed to be driving :rolleyes: than kids bicycling on ther own or walking.

Offcourse kids here are as stupid as anywhere else, so they will chase a ball onto a street without looking, so allways be extra alert when there is kids around the road.

And offcourse we have lots of bicycle paths here, elevated from the road by a 4-6 inch curb ( in the cities )
Out in the country along the highways the bicycle path is at the same level but 4-5 feet or more to the side of the road, then again some places we still dont have bicycle paths, and in other placed we have solo dedicated bicycle paths going thru pure nature with no cars close by.

Last edited:
That kid was probably way older than 3 or 4. When I was in 1st or 2nd grade, I would walk to school by myself or with my brother. The street was way busier than that. Times have certainly changed, very rare to see a kid by themselves these days. People have actually called the cops when they see kids playing by themselves at a park.

http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/...tigated-letting-children-walk-alone/25700823/

Here ppl will leave ther child in a pram, and then go shopping for a while.
And we dont have childnappings, at least not yet, but we might as Denmark continue its deroute.

Kids learn traffic in school from grade 1 i think.

O i should say breastfeeding in public have now become frowned upon, and you will not see girls topless on the beach anymore.
So many things have changed for absolute no reason here, make me wonder what the hell it is they put in the beer to control the Danes.

Running across a pedestrian crossing. Exactly how I got knocked down as a kid. Bad move.

Back