A lot of reflections at night

scoobyskub

Reaction score
Country
Poland
Hi,
you can see it on this movie

Do you have the same issue?

Check if lens, windscreen inside and outside are clean.

Check if lens, windscreen inside and outside are clean.
Yeah, I will clean it good. There may be something wrong with my windscreen, so I will record something outsite of the car and I'll let you know.

When all of the light flares are parallel like that, it's usually a dirty window or one which has been scratched by the wipers over time causing an effect similar to how a prism works. I own that latter problem in my 25 year old van :rolleyes:

Phil

Well, outside of the car everything is normal - the quality is awesome. The problem is my old (14 years old) windshield that has scratches and **** like this. Day quality is great and there're no reflections.

Yep, my windshield looks like that too. It's from a buildup of junk and debris over the winter, and even window cleaner doesn't help much. I'm going to try polishing it using this guy's technique but I keep putting it off because it just gets dirty right away again.

Yep, my windshield looks like that too. It's from a buildup of junk and debris over the winter, and even window cleaner doesn't help much. I'm going to try polishing it using this guy's technique but I keep putting it off because it just gets dirty right away again.

How did it go? I think i have the same problem too, not sure if the one clip i have is because of the windows fogging up or if it's because of the windshield being dirty or scratched. It's only 2008, i don't think the scratches would be that severe.. the daytime video is good.

I assume you have super cleaned your windscreen, so it's not dirt.
So what I think you got, are million of micro scratch, you will see them in sun light also.
I got lot of them before, but I have start to polish them away (I'm not finished). I got lot of improvement, but the deep chip, forget them. To hard.
You need a machine and
Cerium Oxide Glass Polishing Compound and at least minimum 3-4 hour hard work.

One of the reason, why I haven't uploaded so many video is, it is to embarrassing.

Last edited:
Is it likely that a CPL lens will help with the reflections at night?

Is it likely that a CPL lens will help with the reflections at night?
Some reflections - yes. If you're talking about what's shown in the original post - no, that's caused by the windshield and a CPL won't help.

Back