A memorable encounter...

Has he got oversensitive rear bumper sensors making him panic that you were getting too close?? I could see him gesture out the back window

I really like the Ford Taurus, there's a couple over here, out of my price range though

Maybe he got rear-ended at some point and is overly sensitive about that. I did notice that he keeps a lost of distance between himself and the car in front. I wonder if he does that to everybody who stops behind him "at a normal distance". By my rule of thumb, I'm not too close if I can see your license plate. Yeah, I like the Taurus also; it seems like a nice car. The police have an all-wheel-drive version.

The old timer is a recipient of a Purple Heart, you could have left alone.

That was NOT a Purple Heart car! The Purple Heart medal is displayed in the middle of the tag in GA. Do 5 minutes of research before you criticize an OP. Best I can tell (after a LITTLE research), this is an AF Reserve tag. "...old timer..." Really?

When i hear or say old timer in regard to MILL service i mean WW2 as that's the most significant for me as a Dane, and sadly not too many of those guys left.

I can also accept Korea and Vietnam, but that's as a outsider as those conflicts had little to do with me as a Dane, though later on when McNamara was head of the world bank he was protested heavy at a world bank meting here, but then again those hippies protested just about anything back then.

Here we dont have the same approach as you Americans have to VETS, tho only thing we do have in common i think is when we treat them bad.
Quite a few of our guys suffering from PTSD fell thru the fine meshed Danish social welfare system all the way to a crash landing at the very bottom, kinda embarrassing if you ask me to treat the people doing our dirty work that way.
And maybe i should say here being in the army are a choice much more as you have all and any option to do anything else with your life and get any education you wish to get as that stuff are free here, so no need to go thru Armed forces to get a education paid for that way.

O and we upped our defense spending's, not as much as some Americans would like, but i am sure someone will be happy as we also bring high value for money to the table, and we are in where it hurts.

BIA (y)

Last edited:
It's as if he has emergency brake assist (or whatever it's called) and is using it as a type of cruise control. :confused:

Unsure, but when I see weird I try to keep my distance.

When i hear Taurus,,,,, well its not a car i think about ;)

When i hear Taurus,,,,, well its not a car i think about ;)
When I hear Taurus, this always comes to mind:
robo_main_f.jpg

Dident Ford say they would have a automated car by 2020 ? seem like they had that long time ago.

To be honest i would prefer a robot drive to come and drive my regular car, that way i could use that driver for other things too,,,,, and yes i would have a fembot driver.

fembot2.jpg

We've got a lot of of folks here who brake then pull up at lights. It's unsafe as the car behind them might think the light has changed and run into them :eek: When they do that to me I sometimes follow them up and stop a bit closer the second (and subsequent) times since I always start with leaving plenty of room :rolleyes: though if it's not much movement I usually just sit tight as to not be doing the wrong thing myself :cool:

On further watching most of these people are poor drivers- they spend too much time watching everyone else's driving instead of their own :( While you should monitor everyone around you, your focus should be on your own driving as the only car you can control is yours- not anyone elses- and all you can really do is drive your own car properly. You can't drive someone else's car unless you're in it so doing things like this as a means of trying to control others is patently stupid and cannot work :mad:

Especially with the traffic congestion we have here now there isn't any extra room for this- just pull up to where you should be then wait.

Phil

Back