Country
Israel
Hello

I just receive my new viofo a129 plus camera
and the wifi is not work
i receive message from the camera api connection fail

try to upgrade the firmware but nothing change

is there any solution?

Return camera to seller is the only option.

i will never buy a viofo camera again for sure
the seller ignore my messages
and they have a bad service too
its a new camera:(

Dident it transmit wifi ?

I have a wifi problem with another brand camera, it do transmit wifi and for the first months i was also able to connect to it, but that somehow stopped and now i can not connect to it at all, but it still transmit wifi, just 2 different phones and a tablet can not connect.

Apparently i am the only one in the world with that problem on that camera, so very strange

nothing its stuck on this message when i press the wifi button

Attachments

• WhatsApp Image 2021-09-21 at 17.12.31.jpeg
    WhatsApp Image 2021-09-21 at 17.12.31.jpeg
    75.3 KB · Views: 52
I see it is in AP mode, maybe you should try the regular mode, it is my understanding these new WIFI features are pretty new in the Viofo cameras.
At least that is what i would do.
Not sure if you wanted to use the more advanced AP mode, which as i understand it let you access the camera remotely with say a computer, there should be a regular wifi mode just for using the APP if that is what you try to do.

Nothing with AP mode, his camera have a problem and needs to be replaced.
@VIOFO-Support should help ye11ow

Indeed, good service is a must.
I also dont think changing to the normal wifi mode would help, but a easy try to do VS loading some new firmware or whatever, at least he can say he tried that too, taking that option from viofo to try that.

Did you end up getting the wifi fixed?

If you don't want to send the camera back you could try to update it by downloading the latest firmware on your PC and placing the firmware file at the root of your SD card. If you are confident that you have a software issue the firmware upgrade could help. As a heads up I did a fw upgrade in the past and the biggest hurdle I had was getting the correct fw file. That involved some guess work and took me at least a couple of hours of trial and error. Specifically in my case i had to make sure that the firmware file ends in the same characters as the second group of characters of my camera s wifi ssid. Hopefully it helps

Back