A pretty please for Nigel

Ardea

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello! Just seen your old posting re modified firmware for mini0806, but the link is no more. Any chance you could help with that? Still using my 0806, their website for this model off line.
regards

If you prefix his screen name with an '@' - like this @Nigel - he'll get notification of this message and will be more likely to respond. Just an FYI for the future.

I can do it to OP too so he can see what happen men someone mention you that way @Ardea
In your top right of the screen you will get a notification saying i mentioned you in so and so thread, and in the notification you can click the link and go strait to here where i mentioned you.

This way you have done now only work as it is weekend and things slow down, in the weekdays your post would get buried down the list pretty fast, with a high chance Nigel dont see it.

Hello! Just seen your old posting re modified firmware for mini0806, but the link is no more. Any chance you could help with that? Still using my 0806, their website for this model off line.
regards
Hello, just curious, but how many batteries have you gone through so far? On the 0806 they are not too easy to change, so I thought nobody would still be using the battery model by now? Seems unlikely the original is still working?

If you have the more recent super capacitor version then my modified firmware wouldn't work?

Like you said, the mini0806 website has disappeared, which I think had a copy of the firmware. And Mega have closed the upload I put there because of lack of use. A quick search of my computer hasn't produced a copy. Might have it archived somewhere...

Maybe it is time for an upgrade to your dashcam, image sensors have improved considerably since the mini0806, and they don't use batteries any more...

If you prefix his screen name with an '@' - like this @Nigel - he'll get notification of this message and will be more likely to respond. Just an FYI for the future.
For some reason I don't get those!
I did get them working sometime last year, but they appear to have stopped working again.

Thanks for the info. I had a good look to see how to send a PM, did not realise the @Nigel technique! You could be right about getting something more up to date, the latest review images are very good, especilally ar night. I just hate throwing stuff away that still works....have fitted several new batteries; but then I like fiddling with electronics.
Don't trouble to do a lot of searching for the modded firmware as it's not to hand. Thanks again for responding, regards

If you want to PM a person you click his avatar and choose "start conversation" the @ just highlight the person.

Back