A shiny new camera

Haha... I definitely have way more than needed. Each car usually has 2-3 systems. One for optimal driving recording during day 1440p, a front/rear Starvis based for nighttime, and the one with parking mode.

Other dashcams I have in other cars:
- SG9663DC
- SGGCX2
- SGZC12SG Pro V2
- DDpai mini 2p, mini 3
- mini 0906
- GitUp(F1)
- A119, A119 Pro
- DR490 2CH
- bunch of Mobius V3’s with various lenses
... and some more...somewhere haha.

P.s. still looking forward to the parking mode on the SG9663DC! And hopefully, the SG RC V2!

With all of those models that you own, I have to ask: Which of these dash cams provides the best license plate reading ability with the front camera?
With the rear camera?

Reactions: RLS
With all of those models that you own, I have to ask: Which of these dash cams provides the best license plate reading ability with the front camera?
With the rear camera?

Sorry for delayed reply!

Hmm, I would have to say:
- F800 Pro
- SG DC w/CPL
- Lukas Qvia QR790 (1440p Starvis)

I run these three in my GTR.
- The SG for driving recording (no parking mode, easy to put foam over mic to reduce wind noise).
- The F800 Pro is attached to two Cellink Neo’s (independently charged, spliced output, so better/faster charging than using extension).
- The QR790 has higher resolution Starvis, and it’s Parking mode motion sensitivity seems a bit more sensitive than the F800 pro’s.

All 3 have similar rear recording (even with my 35% tint).

Um, I’m running a 256GB Samsung Evo Select (green one) in:
- F800 Pro (with Cellink Neo)
- DR900S 1CH (with Cellink Neo)
- DR750S 2CH (with Cellink B)
- Vico Opia2
- Lukas LK919QAD
- Lukas QR790

They have been running fine, even for 3-4days straight without powering them down (car would be driven, but parked each time and left in parking mode...). Of course, YMMV.

Gonna try the Sandisk Ultra A1 400GB. Currently running 2x Street Guardian SGZC12RC’s with these cards.

I also have the Samsung Pro Endurance 128GB I’m testing out.

Once again, YMMV.

Which brand of cards work well with the Blackvue? Would rather buy my own than use the overpriced ones from Blackvue.

Thanks in advance

Which brand of cards work well with the Blackvue? Would rather buy my own than use the overpriced ones from Blackvue.

Thanks in advance

I have had no issues with the 256GB Samsung Evo Select Card (green, U3, 100mb/s) in both the 750S and the 900S

Also, the 128gb Samsung Pro Endurance hasn’t had any issues in either so far, but I haven’t had it as long as the 256GB Evo.

Also, I would make sure to get the “Select” with U3, 128GB and 256GB both have faster write speeds. I had an older 128GB Samsung Evo Plus (red color, U1) that got into “read-only” mode recently.

I have a 128Gb Samsung Evo Plus (red color, U1) in my 750 2CH and have had no problems with it (yet)

I have a 128Gb Samsung Evo Plus (red color, U1) in my 750 2CH and have had no problems with it (yet)

I would regularly check on this card though, just to play it safe.

I currently have the same exact card (128Gb, Evo+, red, U1), in read only mode named “BLACKVUE” lol... I only recently noticed when trying to delete files and format it for use on another dashcam, and then realizing that I couldn’t format it and that the last files were from more than a month ago........... DR750S-2CH...

Swapped with Samsung Evo Select 256GB (green, U3), which I run in almost all my dashcams.

Thanks RLS. I'll do just that.

Back