A shiny new camera

Civvy

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Dash Cam
BlackVue DR900S-2CH
I’d like to buy a 900 2CH 128gb. But I can’t find one in this spec.
Should I try to buy the card separately?
Is there a reason I can only find the 1CH with 128gb cards?
Are there other makes of card I can trust?
Thanks

I’d like to buy a 900 2CH 128gb. But I can’t find one in this spec.
Should I try to buy the card separately?
Is there a reason I can only find the 1CH with 128gb cards?
Are there other makes of card I can trust?
Thanks

If you can wait a day or so, I might be able to sell you mine (all brand new, never used, still in original shrink wrapped packaging, at your reasonable offer) and send it to you by mail to UK from Australia. What I would have is the following:
1 x DR900S 2CH
1 x Cellink Neo battery
2 x Blackvue DR-PL Dash Cam Polariser Lens (front & rear)
1 x BlendMount Dashcam Aluminum Rearview Mirror Mount for DR900S/DR750S
1 x Samsung PRO Endurance 128GB Micro SDXC Card with Adapter - 100MB/s U1 (MB-MJ128GA/AM)

Read a recent posting of mine and you'll see my situation.

Thank you for your response. I'm not surprised that it couldn't be mailed overseas. I did, however, received it in the mail here in Oz from an online Oz seller.

If you can wait a day or so, I might be able to sell you mine (all brand new, never used, still in original shrink wrapped packaging, at your reasonable offer) and send it to you by mail to UK from Australia. What I would have is the following:
1 x DR900S 2CH
1 x Cellink Neo battery
2 x Blackvue DR-PL Dash Cam Polariser Lens (front & rear)
1 x BlendMount Dashcam Aluminum Rearview Mirror Mount for DR900S/DR750S
1 x Samsung PRO Endurance 128GB Micro SDXC Card with Adapter - 100MB/s U1 (MB-MJ128GA/AM)

Read a recent posting of mine and you'll see my situation.

Thanks for your offer, however, it’s really the card seems to be the issue.
I’m thinking of buying the card separately following advice. I’ve read the BlackVue advice on MLC importance but MLC doesn’t seem to get a mention on the brief search of high end camera cards that I’ve found so far.

Is it possible to run more than 128gb with a high end card?

I have lexar 633x 128gb card with dr900s with zero problems

Sent from my HTC One M9 using Tapatalk

There is so much incomplete information and misinformation about dashcams on the net that it is most likely that you wouldn't find anything to answer your question that would be completely accurate. I think that "caveat emptor" is the best byword.

There is so much incomplete information and misinformation about dashcams on the net that it is most likely that you wouldn't find anything to answer your question that would be completely accurate. I think that "caveat emptor" is the best byword.
You forgot to include irrelevant like this? . :eek::ROFLMAO:

Question
Answer

I understand that many will work but it's a question of lifespan.

I bought this card prior to installing my 900s and then when installing today, the cam wouldn't recognize the card. Do I need to format the card on the computer with the blackvue viewer first in order for the cam to recognize it?

I bought this card prior to installing my 900s and then when installing today, the cam wouldn't recognize the card. Do I need to format the card on the computer with the blackvue viewer first in order for the cam to recognize it?

Yes, try formatting the card.

I purchased a Samsung 128GB EVO Select card per another 900S owner's suggestion and at first it didn't work in my camera either ("check SD card"). Someone suggested reformatting and once I did that on a PC the card worked. I formatted to FAT32/64MB using a 3rd-party Windows tool to match the bundled BlackVue card. Camera starts up, announces it's formatting the card, then works properly.

Yes, try formatting the card.

I purchased a Samsung 128GB EVO Select card per another 900S owner's suggestion and at first it didn't work in my camera either ("check SD card"). Someone suggested reformatting and once I did that on a PC the card worked. I formatted to FAT32/64MB using a 3rd-party Windows tool to match the bundled BlackVue card. Camera starts up, announces it's formatting the card, then works properly.

Yep, formatted it and good to go.

Um, I’m running a 256GB Samsung Evo Select (green one) in:
- F800 Pro (with Cellink Neo)
- DR900S 1CH (with Cellink Neo)
- DR750S 2CH (with Cellink B)
- Vico Opia2
- Lukas LK919QAD
- Lukas QR790

They have been running fine, even for 3-4days straight without powering them down (car would be driven, but parked each time and left in parking mode...). Of course, YMMV.

Gonna try the Sandisk Ultra A1 400GB. Currently running 2x Street Guardian SGZC12RC’s with these cards.

I also have the Samsung Pro Endurance 128GB I’m testing out.

Once again, YMMV.

Um, I’m running a 256GB Samsung Evo Select (green one) in:
- F800 Pro (with Cellink Neo)
- DR900S 1CH (with Cellink Neo)
- DR750S 2CH (with Cellink B)
- Vico Opia2
- Lukas LK919QAD
- Lukas QR790

They have been running fine, even for 3-4days straight without powering them down (car would be driven, but parked each time and left in parking mode...). Of course, YMMV.

Gonna try the Sandisk Ultra A1 400GB. Currently running 2x Street Guardian SGZC12RC’s with these cards.

I also have the Samsung Pro Endurance 128GB I’m testing out.

Once again, YMMV.

sounds like you need more cameras :p

Reactions: RLS
sounds like you need more cameras :p

Haha... I definitely have way more than needed. Each car usually has 2-3 systems. One for optimal driving recording during day 1440p, a front/rear Starvis based for nighttime, and the one with parking mode.

Other dashcams I have in other cars:
- SG9663DC
- SGGCX2
- SGZC12SG Pro V2
- DDpai mini 2p, mini 3
- mini 0906
- GitUp(F1)
- A119, A119 Pro
- DR490 2CH
- bunch of Mobius V3’s with various lenses
... and some more...somewhere haha.

P.s. still looking forward to the parking mode on the SG9663DC! And hopefully, the SG RC V2!

Reactions: Mtz
P.s. still looking forward to the parking mode on the SG9663DC!!

won't be far away, once you see it mentioned here as available send me a message and I'll arrange one for you

And hopefully, the SG RC V2!

updated dual remote channel model is underway now, will be out before the end of the year

Reactions: RLS
Back