A straight,vertical purple line on on the preview screen

hakusan6696

Reaction score
Country
Malaysia
Hi,i recently purchased a ddpai mini 2 (sliver edition) a week ago and had it installed on my car windsheild front.Well,it was working fine day & night( i’m from Malaysia by the way ),maxed it out at least 8 hours straight[i’m an e-hailing driver for your info] with scorching sun,and unpredictable thunderstorm kinda weather resulting in rapid temperature changes that kinda treatment the cam is getting ...if you ever been to Malaysia,you’ll know what i mean.

Now,the problem came today.I mean,it was absolutely fine during the daytime,evening as well as early night.But right after i took a shot at an accident scence,there came the vertical staright purple colored line on the preview screen.
Live preview,take pictures...same.The line is there.And i’ve tried everything like re-setting the cam,turning ON and OFF the car engine to it reboot,took out memory card and put it back again,deleted the app and reinstalled ect,ect regardless...Nothing succesfull.

What i suspect is the C-MOS imaging sensor problem that is causing the purple line.

Attached are a few shots taken during the day,evening and as well as the purple line shots.
Well,i don’t know if the purple line will still be there the next morning.Will find out and update.

Hope the pros here can shed some light into this issue.

It was absolutely fine during the day,early evening and late evening...until that accident scence was taken.45289
The purple line came after this shot was taken.4529445295
And the purple stays there regardless of what lighting condition..

Last edited:
Probably the image sensor about to give up.

Hi,
Thanks for rhe reply.I kinda agree with you on the imaging sensor is about to give up..
You were simply saying this cam is NOT designed to be operated for long,continuos recording hours that may result in imaging sensor failure?
Well,that’s bad news for everyone here

Well,it’s newly bought anyway and it has only been operated for < 50hrs.Are you telling me the sensor fails just a mere 40-hour operation?

No most dashcams are struggling to do full resolution and FPS recording all the time, they are not CCTV cameras.
Thats why many now to time lapse for parking mode or at least low bitrate regular recording, and that should keep temperatures down which are often the reason for a shorter lifetime of electronics.

No regular use driving around should last at least 2 years in my book, but of course maybe not something you will get with cheap cameras, My first dashcam the old Lukas LK-7500 still work just fine, and i got that one in 2012.
But parking guard not least in a nice but hot plave like Malaysia can be problematic if you park outside and in the sun.

No most dashcams are struggling to do full resolution and FPS recording all the time, they are not CCTV cameras.
Thats why many now to time lapse for parking mode or at least low bitrate regular recording, and that should keep temperatures down which are often the reason for a shorter lifetime of electronics.
I see...
But it seems there’s no way to do that cuz i don’t see any parking mode,lapse recording or even lower the bit rate sertings in the app.
Any clues?

No regular use driving around should last at least 2 years in my book, but of course maybe not something you will get with cheap cameras, My first dashcam the old Lukas LK-7500 still work just fine, and i got that one in 2012.
But parking guard not least in a nice but hot plave like Malaysia can be problematic if you park outside and in the sun.
Hi,sorry for delayed reply cuz was busy the past few days.:p

Anyway,managed to get a replacement unit after so much of a hassle...Not to mention the goddamn awefull services i got here from the local “service ponits” they called it.
Well,you see,DDpai products here in Malaysia are being distributed by Olike Malaysia,formerly known as Oppo Malaysia(the brand Oppo says it all..it’s a well known cellphone brand from China).So,what i’m trying to say here is,DDpai brand of products USED TO BE the responsibility of Oppo Malaysia,but they now passed it to Olike Malaysia...a subsidiary i guess.But the the problem is,they(Olike Malaysia) still appoint Oppo Malaysia as “service ponits” to ficilitate DDpai products services...Snd clearly,these guys at Oppo Malaysia don’t give a **** cuz they apparently only care for their cellphones..You get me so far?:sneaky:

And another i had was,i had to drive 129 kilometers from my home to another state to collect the replacement unit! Because one of the flagship Olike Concept store is located there..and NONE in Kuala Lumpur,the city where i’m staying..funny and yet annoying idn’t it?
Well,i’m the type who do not like waiting...cuz i needed that cam right away..so i drove down there and had it replaced..no question asked.:sneaky:

Hi,is there to STOP RECORDING on the DDpai mini 2 cuz it’s recording by default once there’s power pluged to it.
I was thinking that might help to reduce temperature and prolong the life of the electronics.
Is there a way to just keep it on for preview but NOT RECORDING.
Can shed some lights here? Thanks

Back