A thing I noticed in Hong Kong...

Xybone

Reaction score
Country
United States
I'm currently in vacation in Hong Kong. My family and I were waiting for their friends to get a trolley to get out luggage when I decided to see what dashcams people in Hong Kong use (by looking inside their windshield when they passed by).
For the 20 mins I was waiting, most of the cars I spotted were using a K6000 or a similar shaped model. Some were using a K2000/DVR-007 and some used a PAPAGO!(?) dashcam (the one with the weird handles on the side). Just thought I'd share a interesting observation with you guys. Now I know why my dad got the knockoff K6000.

Also, 3G is slow as hell, but at least it's unlimited :D

Interesting....seems like the older models are popular there.

have a look in the small electronics shops and you'll see some Papago models and some low end junk and not a lot in between
I'm planning on taking a look later on in the trip

We may need to think out of box,
We are one of group guys knowing which dashcam is the best in the world,
but for most drivers on street still are learning what is Dashcam, and have one for try.

Look what I found:
ZOfsnmI.jpg

H2Cq4gg.jpg

Not really surprising, as Mio is a Chinese company.

Not really relevant, but I'm in Taiwan for a week, and the dashcam selection here is really big. I've seen like 80% of the cars here blackboxed and they're all different models and types.
On a side note, holy ****, the scooters and taxis don't give a **** about other cars and rush head first into traffic or accelerate at pedestrians/oncoming cars :eek:. Now I understand why they need one :D.

Back