A USB Power question, could I use this USB Splitter

Are LiFePO batteries supposed to be better, the same or worse than Li ion batteries (when deep discharged) ?

I believe they are more able to tolerate deep discharge than lithium cobalt batteries but one way or another they are still lithium based. There are some new car type 12 volt batteries based on
LiFePO4 cells but I don't know too much about them yet. I believe they are not necessarily intended as a direct lead-acid replacement in motor vehicles but for other situations that do ordinarily use lead-acid. I don't know how well these perform as normal car batteries.

Having used power banks for 4 years now and owning several, including a 20,000 mAh lithium polymer cell bank I am intrigued by this new LiFePO4 battery bank and have ordered one to round out my "collection" and test out.

Last edited:
I believe they are more able to tolerate deep discharge than lithium cobalt batteries but one way or another they are still lithium based. There are some new car type 12 volt batteries based on
LiFePO4 cells but I don't know too much about them yet. I believe they are not necessarily intended as a direct lead-acid replacement in motor vehicles but for other situations that do ordinarily use lead-acid. I don't know how well these perform as normal car batteries.

Having used power banks for 4 years now and owning several, including a 20,000 mAh lithium polymer cell bank I am intrigued by this new LiFePO4 battery bank and have ordered one to round out my "collection" and test out.

Thanks I would be interested in your ‘experienced’ opinion. I know nothing about these, so I dont even know if its OK.
But then at £19.99 it wont kill me ... I am just worried about it damaging the car’s electrics or interior.

Thanks Imdidnt think that was in the manual

Manual or no, is that your personal experience with the TQKA power bank........"brief press will switch the power bank on and depressing the button for 2 seconds will switch the unit off"? If so, it's basically a momentary switch with some sort of simple chip-set functionality for "off".

I believe that's how this one works.

Manual or no, is that your personal experience with the TQKA power bank........"brief press will switch the power bank on and depressing the button for 2 seconds will switch the unit off"? If so, it's basically a momentary switch with some sort of simple chip-set functionality for "off".

I believe that's how this one works.

Thats how mine works.
Do you have the TQKA 20,000 mA LiFePO4 bank?
If so would you like to say a Hi in a thread I started entitled Tqka owners thread

I don't have mine yet. It arrives tomorrow. I'll definitely report on my experience with it. :)

Please do join that thread when you get it. Be great to have an experienced user.
OK, as said I know nothing about these units
But its nicely made quality aluminium shell and at £19.99 is a bit of a steal when one sees the new cellinc b at £200! And that only has a 6,000mA battery. To me 10hrs verses 38 hours is a huge difference, if say one went away for the weekend.
Ours would probably make the whole week end, verses one night provided you didnt have a lie in :)

Here is the link
https://dashcamtalk.com/forum/threads/official-owners-thread-tqka-20-000-mah-lifepo4-battery.32838/

If you see any other users, do ask them to post a “Hi”

All I need to find is a USB switch something like
919C6F52-E9F5-4CDE-B67D-78A7063A5BCB.jpeg
That passes through up to say 1.5A and I will have a pretty usable system. Select power source one for engine power or press 2, for battery power. The neat thing with this would be when one selected battery i.e. when the engine is off, the Acc. ign poer wont be charging the Tqka! :)
That unit was only £10 , add 2 short type A to type A cables and bingo. :)

Last edited:
Back