A very "Dull" Aventador with anti-dashcam plates!

Nigel

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Dash Cam
Gitup F1+G3ꞈꞈꞈꞈꞈ Viofo A229ꞈꞈꞈꞈꞈ Blueskysea B4K
Trying to read the number plate on this Lamborgini Aventador,

y4mJJw4kH6b-HqIHqm7Vbseq4D9Wc3gz0fboufuE4qc4cixO6DhyWeEUyDrIJtX1JZuTIp3B5NnbeSQuKiIWncgUn-JyqeD9bJToJmpPpV-S_Ly9zDSh95z7K4VlxuYeQ_pXCfaBBTw1FLSS0G4PkaTKCK2Ni2zcwUKKo5mgLmIr3TDlDEmMUABMZ--YE1gV-SthQSPXif7E1KZeaTuKmW9kw

The Blueskysea B1W couldn't make it out at all and that is normally my best dashcam for reading plates,
The Mini 0906 front camera saw "AV GULL" - well it does sort of have gullwing doors!
In the Mini 0906 rear camera it looks like "AV DULL" - well it's not really a suitable car for those roads, I would soon get bored with it there!
My guess is that it is supposed to read "AV BULL" - since all Lamborghini are named after bulls.

However all those options would be invalid UK plates, so it probably reads "AV 0 ULL" (zero) with a carefully placed number plate screw to illegally make it look like something else.

Strange thing is that all the other plates are perfectly legible, including the Ford Fiesta ST with "ST" plate and the vehicle with Aston Martin plates and huge dashcam, even though that is further away than the Aventador. Only explanation I can think of is that the rear Aventador plate has an anti-dashcam coating, and the front plate an invisibility cloak!

That huge dashcam looks nice, but maybe a bit impractical and would ruin visibility, and I think it's mount would crush my car - even the big truck has been reinforced with a tubular steel exoskeleton!

y4mJ8LPZ9jgnJdsREk_QmRbd5VFRWjam1HqC5yGN_HeOYet00cglRfhQNRaOBeC89asLb_Y4dsE6q9UpQ68y5_V5MXNctHoiRVFkJRa-fUAo-WpCvW3pISGc6yGa-IVb4xGSV88oZ0j1pQu5Qt0OD0hJA9y1D1AyB0dlAwch_Yu3GHzdd2phxaBXKtHqPKbMq_xd9OjW2Dztm2zzOAAiVZYRg

Not sure I like those next generation Fiesta headlights/sidelights! And it sounded very boring, isn't a sporty car supposed to make some noise?

A bit of mini 0906 video from the roads of the Cambrian mountains, mid-Wales:

The black bumper on that Tesla looks terrible.

The black bumper on that Tesla looks terrible.
That's what happens when you have an autonomous braking system on your car - your car sees a mouse on the road, slams the brakes on and the person behind destroys your rear bumper. In countries where everyone follows too close it happens so often that it is not worth getting your new bumper painted to match your car since you know it is only going to get destroyed again.

The front of the tesla was the same, i just think its a case of rich people having no taste,,,,well often anyway.
tesla front.jpg

Cars / designs like the Lambos ever since the LP 500 and forward do very little for me, and its the same with that other Italian brand where i would have to look for cars almost as old as myself before i find ones that if i had the chance l would feel up and be all over.

Cuz i always had that feeling when i see something beautiful, be that a nice car of a cute girl, i just want to touch it all over and look into every nook and cranny to see how its put together.
So as you might guess me visiting a car museum are agonizing and i have to bury my hands deep in my pockets, and its only a little bit more easy being around a good looking woman, where only the blonde factor / airhead let me take it more easy.

Something like this would have my hands all over it while i softly made Uuuuu sounds

2c1ab457eebad019751cc7f4a4f3520845fdf867.jpg

on the subject of licence plate capture there's an interesting bit in this documentary about revealing a plate, starts at 26:50

One reason i also want ANPR in dashcams would be to aid the police, it is often they ask for the public's help in finding so and so car with so and so plates.
Having the cameras in my car aid me would expand my capabilities and make it safer for me.
Now i am aware that a dashcam based ANPR system will not be as good as the PRO systems the police have on some of their cars, but i will take a little over nothing any day.

on the subject of licence plate capture there's an interesting bit in this documentary about revealing a plate, starts at 26:50

Works well when there is zero movement, but takes a lot more effort with a moving camera and target!

Most of our problems are due to motion blur and that technique is not going to help at all.

The Danish police ANPR systems on some cars also have IR light aid.
0b5280a4-e7fb-43e0-9348-a3eae73aa4e2.jpg

ANPR running.
autnrpl-skaerm.jpg

Get BORED? My father who served and retired from United States Navy, from right after "Pearl" (Dec 7, 1941), lived in Honolulu, Hawaii for a couple of years and told me he got island fever.
Well, for YOU and my dad, I say this. .... I would like the TRY and get bored with it!:)

Seems @HarrisMonkey and Top Gear love to hoon cars on Wales roads. I just flew 8,000 miles roundtrip to be in Top Gear studio audience! :) Also decided at last minute to drop by Silverstone and take one of their little race cars out. You attending Goodwood FOS this year? I have lodging in Chichester to do so, but not fully fleshed out plans. If you're attending, message me and maybe we can join up at some point?
It was the BBC so maybe we will find out what the story with the DULL Lambo was really about in the next TG series, the main interest seemed to be the Ford Fiesta, it wasn't obvious why the Lambo was there although it did appear to be for filming rather than transport, it had got filthy for some reason.

It's a few years since I last went to Goodwood, last time was as a guest of MG, had a nice trip around the hill climb circuit :) I live a bit closer than you, no need to plan it yet!

Have you ever driven an Aventador? Loads of grins, and fun. I drove a roadster few years back. But, yes, they are very wide. Especially on the mostly unimproved roads by modern standards that are the UK's roads today. I just drove about 700 miles couple weeks back in Southeast England. Buy more bulldozers and widen all your roads. A plethora of roundabouts does not efficient traffic flow make. ;)
No, not driven one, but if I did, I would prefer to do it on a race track rather than Welsh mountain roads! Maybe a smaller one than Silverstone, Donington would be good.

I don't remember ever meeting a Lambo up in the Welsh hills, I think they are so wide that nobody dares take them there, the roads are much more suitable for a Lotus or MG which would be a lot more fun. The roads in SE England are massive by comparison, maybe you should head over to Wales on your next visit, turn south in the middle of this pass to find where I was:
http://www.dangerousroads.org/europe/wales/3989-abergwesyn-road.html
http://petrolblog.com/2011/09/petrolblog-looks-at-the-abergwesyn-pass/

Our roads are the right size for our vehicles, we don't want them wider, bulldozing them would mean that we would need the Lambo to have fun instead of the cheap little Fiesta!

Thats what i feel too, sports / super / hyper cars are really too much of a good thing on a public road, some car reviewers even agree with this, on a track however i would like a go at them all.
And also for me personally the hight of such cars are really not that good for me at this stage, i would prefer something i could slide right into or maybe crawl a little up to get in.
Even a regular car i feel involve a lot of folding up on my 6 foot 2 part, that's why i got this Suzuki as it is a little taller and so more easy to get into.

"AV DULL" - well it's not really a suitable car for those roads, I would soon get bored with it there!

That huge dashcam looks nice, but maybe a bit impractical and would ruin visibility, and I think it's mount would crush my car - even the big truck has been reinforced with a tubular steel exoskeleton!

y4mJ8LPZ9jgnJdsREk_QmRbd5VFRWjam1HqC5yGN_HeOYet00cglRfhQNRaOBeC89asLb_Y4dsE6q9UpQ68y5_V5MXNctHoiRVFkJRa-fUAo-WpCvW3pISGc6yGa-IVb4xGSV88oZ0j1pQu5Qt0OD0hJA9y1D1AyB0dlAwch_Yu3GHzdd2phxaBXKtHqPKbMq_xd9OjW2Dztm2zzOAAiVZYRg
Very nearly a year later, and it seems they agreed with me - not a suitable car for those roads :D

And their big dashcam was indeed better than mine!

(For those that didn't watch, it was on Top Gear tonight.)

I have not watched any episode of " the new top gear" or what ever its called on the other side of the pond.
Probably mostly due to it not being in my channel package, and i visit my friend rarely now.
But for a while it was a good waste of time, though Clarkson have always come off as too loud for me, but to be fair many do that.

I have not watched any episode of " the new top gear" or what ever its called on the other side of the pond.
But for a while it was a good waste of time, though Clarkson have always come off as too loud for me, but to be fair many do that.
This was on the real Top Gear, on BBC, no Jeremy Clarkson in sight :)

Back