A Very Simple Mount

Alan Collinge

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Dash Cam
Mini 0801, 808 #16, F900 fake, DM TransVu Express
I have seen most of the ideas for mounting cameras in the forum but I didn't come across anything quite as simple as the mounting I made for my 808 #16. The bracket has stood the test of time having been in use for over 18 months now without any problems.

I have seen most of the ideas for mounting cameras in the forum but I didn't come across anything quite as simple as the mounting I made for my 808 #16. The bracket has stood the test of time having been in use for over 18 months now without any problems.

Great job. I had similar mount solution with Mobius ( slide in / out ), I was using white square plastic tubes which you use when run electrical cables along the wall / corner etc. , hope people know what I mean.
But your key-camera too much exposed. I thought western market trend is to make installation discrete.
If you would use same install solution but from most upper part of your windshield, then it would be super.
But of course it's up to you where you install it. Most important is mount idea and its good.

I used those ( below ) but preferred magnetic mount solution.

1000x1000.jpg

Just wondering whether the car would pass an M.O.T. Test / annual safety inspection with what appears to be akin to a blade projecting from the windscreen?

1. The camera location didn't need to be discrete because I could easily remove it and slip it into my pocket.
2. The wipers don't reach the top of the windscreen (Chrysler Voyager) so I would need to mount the bracket about 100 mm down. This would position the bracket in a dangerous location.
3. Never had a problem with the MOT test because the position of the bracket is well out of harms way.

Alan, I like the mount u attached to the cam very much...great implementation.

However, I agree w/ the comments about the glass mount. Too dangerous. It could take out an eye or worse in a accident.

Please rest assured that the bracket is located well out of harms way in a central position and not even within reach of the front seat occupants while they are seated. In addition, all occupants of the vehicle wear seat belts and are further protected by a multitude of air bags. Perhaps I should try to take a photograph of the whole area just to put everybody's mind at rest.

Just to put everybody's mind at rest, I have recreated an example of the central position of the home made bracket I used for my now redundant 808 #16 camera. As you can see, the position of the bracket is well out of harms way. The bracket is no longer used in the car anyway as I have replaced the camera with a Mini 0801, spot the mounting for this in the top left corner of the screen. Unfortunately I had to return the 0801 within a couple of days of receiving it because it was faulty. I'm still waiting for a replacement to arrive.
Camera Bracket 2.JPG

Back