A VW dealers reaction to seeing dashcams for the first time - NSFW language

Did they do a good job once they realised they were being filmed, or did you not have the transparent bonnet fitted so that you could see?

Didn't sound like he made the connection between a camera and him being filmed!

Haha. Good reaction from "dealers".
The real D-ealers should know about VW own dedicated factory built in dashcams systems are out for a year ( China market ), but those are maybe just a "simple workers" and not that geeks like we here ;)

I think you actually hear one of them at the end saying "is it recording" but they never twigged - it's all on camera which I found even funnier - although only a bulb change as my fat hands couldn't get to it and they fit it for free (well with a £4.50 bulb).

They did ask if it was a lease car though so maybe they wondered if it was so they could track things.

I didn't realise VW had them already somewhere - makes sense it's China though. They'll be looking them up tonight (and maybe even seeing this video ;) )

When I had the exhaust fitted elsewhere I got a good picture of the calendar they had on their wall - I'll be having one of them next year!

I didn't realise VW had them already somewhere - makes sense it's China though. They'll be looking them up tonight (and maybe even seeing this video ;) )

gaining popularity here, went for a walk across the road this afternoon and past a line of cars parked outside of the building saw six cars with cameras, mostly low end models but at least they're onto them

I've still not seen any in the UK - it can't be too much longer though!

In almost three years of observation I have yet to see another vehicle with a dash cam here in New England with the exception of one out of town driver in a van who was tailgating another vehicle and acting like an impatient angry madman. The guy had a cheap generic Chinese camera that was mounted all askew and it seemed a bit odd that he was apparently documenting his own dangerous driving. Eventually, dash cams will become more popular here it's just a question of when.

I had a funny incident in a tire repair shop in Mexico when the guy decided to relax a little and belch.

Ya here in NY I haven't seen another dash cam in my searches. Users here on DCT are from NY, so there must be more, just haven't seen any. My passengers have asked and understood the reason behind it, they just didn't seem too interested.

I live in an area that is popular with tourists, skiers and people with summer homes so I see cars from all over the country yet I still haven't noticed a dash cam. I've even gotten into that habit of checking out cars when I'm in the parking lot of a shopping mall or at the supermarket. Mostly I see GPS units and toll transponders.

The paucity of dash cams here often makes me think about a famous quote from the author William Gibson, “The future is already here – it's just not evenly distributed".

Last edited:
In France, this year some chinese dashcams have arrived in some retail supermarket shops.
But I still have never seen anyone with a dashcam.

In almost three years of observation I have yet to see another vehicle with a dash cam here
I have seen two or three.
One at a Car Show in a Bell Air
One in a Walmart car park
One while just driving.

I'm sure it will catch on soon here.
I've handed out or dropped on the seat about 10-15 cards with the site address on them. I try to get them on cars you don't see every day to increase the likely hood of someone actually signing up here and benefiting from the card. Plus I stick them under the hood or in the door seal of my Camaro when I go to a car show.

I saw a 027 in a Local Police car named Dacia Logan. For sure was their camera, not official Police camera.
Unfortunately for me I didn't had time to make a photo because I was walking, not driving.

enjoy,
Mtz

FWIW, I saw a Magellan GPS unit with a built in dash cam.

I don't think I've seen another dash cam driving around here yet. I'm located near San Francisco. But there is a guy at my work with a Blackvue. Don't know what he looks like, just seen it left on the car while I remove mine everywhere I go.

Everyone can see my setup while driving. I don't have tinted windows, I have a radar unit and 7" tablet.

was in the camera market today and saw yet another order of high end cameras being prepared to go out, things are picking up
Did you get any bargains there or see anything good at the market?

As for seeing cams I have seen them in trucks (usually iTronics looking devices) - just none in cars here - I realised when I re-read what I said earlier!

Are they 027 / 207s in that pic - trying to work it out.

My mate was obsessed with the ping pong shows over that way - probably not quite the right country for you though!!

I'd be like a kid in a sweet shop in the electronics markets out there - I'd end up buying some right garbage!

Yeah 207~027 or whatever they call them, the knockoff junk version of course, still very popular for whatever reason

Back