A118 and A118C boot times compared

I'm just starting watching this but dude that intro takes me back to the demo scene days of the C64 and Amiga!!

And I'm hearing chip music :D

That was cool - just seen the outro and see where you've made it - happy days :)

Towards the very end with the sped up clips was that bridge the one you had the other car drive into you?

The A118C looks to be a nice little cam!

glad someone noticed. :D i didn't intentionally pick two tracks by the same person - most of my mods are still named in the old 8.3 format from before long filenames came to the PC world. i was just skipping thru them looking for ones that would be good background music, and once i picked a few, then i opened the sample text and found out who made them. most of them date from around 1992-1994. FYI - VLC media player will play most tracked music files just fine, though it does weird things with ones that try to exploit known bugs in the amiga sound chip to achieve cool effects.

i grew up on the c64/c128, and ran my own BBS for a few years, but never actually had an amiga. i first got on the internet with the old c128 using a 1200 baud modem, dialing into the university of houston unix system using a borrowed account. wanting to learn how to make a demo made me try to learn how to program. i still don't know how to write real code, but at least i've come up with some pretty gnarly scripts over the years for both work and home projects. Now, i'm wanting to break into the code of a few of my favorite android apps (one of which is a mod player!) and either make my own fork or ask if i can submit my changes to the upstream.

in the sped-up clips it was the same freeway but a different cross-street several miles away, and going in the opposite direction. and that intersection only has one left turn lane during the current construction phase. ;)

i remember the BBS days well, I think I was dialling up the foreign Fairlight BBS when I was about 8!! Quite scary when I think back - the phone bills must have been nasty!

The internet killed off most BBS systems I guess and Facebook seemed to be doing the same to a lot of forums but others like this one seem to thrive!

now we just need a118 vs a118c vs SG9665GM vs SG9665GC, who wants to open their wallet?!

Back