a118 B40 firmware cam losing the focus

DashNinja

Reaction score
Country
Cayman Islands
Having problems with a generic a118 cam. I have the hot pixels issue. I tried to calibrate the cam using ENGMODE file. I followed the direction for a119 cam calibration. The only option works is ENGOMODE to perform is format SPI,this only disabled the cam name image substituting it to Welcome and Goodbye screens. Selecting bright or dark DP options only freezes the cam. The B40 FW is nowhere to be found, does anyone have the reference where to download the newest B40.s. FW?

On a top of this the cam has out of focus problem. After running in climate controlled (70F) vehicle for 20 or more minutes blurriness occurs on the left side. Is it possible to swap a Gopro 3 lens or Mobius B lens to fix this issue, or I'm out of luck?

I know, I should've bought the SG or the original Viofo, but I didn't know the differences until I started experiencing the issues.

What is the firmware version on your cam? when we know that, we might know which firmware you can use to update your specific cam if its definitely not viofo/spytec/auto-vox

Back