Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Blitz02

Reaction score
Country
United States
Hi,
I hope someone can help educated me.
I recently got a A118C dash cam, I tested it out - did a recording for about 15 minutes.
When I looked at the SD card files on my C, instead of there being just one file, there were multiple files (.MOV) all about 288Kb in size.
Why is this?
I was trying to go for an easy solution to editing the files ... figured I'd use Movie Maker ... but the files would not display in that program.
Can someone offer some insight into this?
I DO have Registrator viewer on my PC - it works fine but there is not way to export the one video file out to another format .... that function isn't available.
All i am trying to do - is to get ONE video file that I can eventually upload onto Youtube.
I appreciate anyone providing me some insight and guidance ... since it's my first dash cam - I think the problem is me more than anything.

I got older model, in my dashcam there's menu settings defining when dashcam creates a new file. I think I set it for 3 minutes, so every 3 minutes a new file creates. I set my recording quality for 1080, so 1 minute takes about 100Mb of card space.. My files are 300Mb size each. I think I could have had maximum of 5 minutes per file, but I figured that 3 minutes would be fine. Movie maker works with files from my dashcam, you might want to install codec pack on your computer. But my dashcam is few years old, so you might have different settings and formats. check out your settings, you might find you answers there : )

I got older model, in my dashcam there's menu settings defining when dashcam creates a new file. I think I set it for 3 minutes, so every 3 minutes a new file creates. I set my recording quality for 1080, so 1 minute takes about 100Mb of card space.. My files are 300Mb size each. I think I could have had maximum of 5 minutes per file, but I figured that 3 minutes would be fine. Movie maker works with files from my dashcam, you might want to install codec pack on your computer. But my dashcam is few years old, so you might have different settings and formats. check out your settings, you might find you answers there : )

Thanks so much! your feedback gave me information I didn't have. I know better what to look for!

as others have said, you have it set to create 3 minute files, You should have no issues with movie maker, I use movie maker for mine without issue

Back