A118 C or mini805

camtalks

Reaction score
Country
United States
Hi guys,

Im debating on these 2 dash cam. I live in Southern California near Huntington Beach. It doesn't get too hot in summer. But it does get pretty hot for a month in September. However the heat inside the car is much higher than the ait temperature. I know that the A118-C does come with a capacitor which is good against the heat and the Mini 0805 doesn't come with a capacitor. Which one is more reliable with normal usage? I would love to hear some opinion from people who live around here.

Welcome to forum.
If you plan always to remove mini 0805 from car while it parked in summer, then it's OK to buy it, otherwise capacitor based dashcams are more safer solution if left in car while its parked in hot summer day.

if my experience counts for anything, you might be just fine with a mini 0805 in hot weather despite having a LiPo installed. it's powered 24/7 via BDP and I'm usually parked for 9-10 hours in an uncovered parking lot. and the biggest test for it so far was my trip through Palm Springs and Arizona last week. it survived running in a car parked in desert heat (85F-105F outside temp) without any hiccups.

having said that, I agree with niko. everything I read states that a super capacitor should be safer in hot weather.

Back