A118-C v A119

Del

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Dash Cam
Mini 0805
My Mini 0806 appears to be bricked and unrecoverable, so I'm investigating options.
When I bought it a couple of years ago, it was a toss-up between that and the A118, so I'm seriously considering one of the Viofo cams.
I can find A118-C on eBay from a UK seller for £32, whereas the A119 is twice as much. The question is, is it twice as good?
Is there a lot that the A119 does that the A118-C doesn't? I'm really only after a simple cam but with a discreet form factor, GPS, LDWS and FCWS aren't really important.

is the A118-C a real one, a lot of the ones selling cheap are the B40 version, not as good

Hi,
I am lookimg for cheap replacement of my old A118, what is the difference between A118C and A118C2?

Sent from my MI 5 using Tapatalk

is the A118-C a real one, a lot of the ones selling cheap are the B40 version, not as good
Ah, I assumed that was just another part of the model number. So I should avoid ones described as B40?

Ah, I assumed that was just another part of the model number. So I should avoid ones described as B40?

the B40 variant is the copy only these days, they use A118 in their product descriptions to try and associate their product with the better version

My A118c is an Auto-Vox branded one, I can't actually remember whether it's got A118 firmware or B40 firmware (despite updating it myself), and so far it's definitely decent enough for what I need, won't win any awards but it's far from garbage, I got it for about £25 off ebay (not from an official dashcam seller), technically second hand, but was unused, so unofficially brand new.

If your budget will stretch, get the Viofo A119s (sony lens), much better at night

Am I seeing a Scorpio in the avatar??

Thanks!
Yes, I did have a Scorpio (and loved it) but it was too low for my wife to get in and out of comfortably (she has a bad back), so it had to go.
Now I have a Panda...

Actually, I have just had a moment of realisation. I still have the mount and the wiring in the Panda for the 0806, but no camera.
I have a second vehicle (a Citroen campervan) that has no camera at all.
I'd probably be better served buying another 0806, fitting the mount and wiring from the new one into the campervan, and swapping the new camera between them...

Back