A118-c VS Mini 0806

Justin42

Reaction score
Country
United States
Pretty simple question, really.

Which is better? Some might tell me to wait for the mini 0807 but they STILL haven't released it. I cant wait all year.

Mobius is a great cam, and it is under 100 bucks. A lot of support and followers on this forum.

Edit:
A small, compact and well made camera

Yeah, I'm just not sure about not having a screen.

Yeah, I'm just not sure about not having a screen.
That was my concern initiately as well. I have found that it can be easily "aimed" by sight. The msetup program is very easy to use to setup the camera parameters, and format the card. I am using mine for the rear camera and it really is a great small and very discrete camera. To me it is like holding a "fat" credit card in my hand because of the small size.

To each his own of course, but I have found it to be a neat little camera. Anyway, this is a great forum for information and support. Good luck!

That was my concern initiately as well. I have found that it can be easily "aimed" by sight. The msetup program is very easy to use to setup the camera parameters, and format the card. I am using mine for the rear camera and it really is a great small and very discrete camera. To me it is like holding a "fat" credit card in my hand because of the small size.

To each his own of course, but I have found it to be a neat little camera. Anyway, this is a great forum for information and support. Good luck!

Thoughts on the mini 0805? I've read where the 0806 was a bit of a mis-step for the company.

Totally agree.
I use my Mobius in and out of car. Shooting videos by just pointing is so much more discrete than a smart phone. With 80 minutes of battery live is more than most if not all. Sound recording is excellent too.

The biggest problem is all mini series use a battery instead of a capacitor. (not good in hot climates and or when left parked in the sun)
Stick with a Capacitor based product.

Thoughts on the mini 0805? I've read where the 0806 was a bit of a mis-step for the company.

I love my mini 0805.

as a radio control hobbyist (cars, aircraft), I'm very careful with my lithium polymer battery packs. I store them in fire-proof charging bags inside a fire-proof box.

with that said, I've left my mini powered in my vehicle for days on end without a hiccup. and these are on 70-90* F days in an unshaded parking lot.

I'm well aware of the dangers but the inexpensive mini has been super reliable so far.

Sorry about necroing this thread, but any opinions on the A118-c vs the mini 0805? It does get 90+ F in the summer here. Also there have been some posts about poor quality on the 0805 in the forum as of late.

Back