A118C B40C Firmware

Oliver Tan

Reaction score
Country
Philippines
i have been seeing a lot of a118 battery firmware update, can anyone request the most updated for the capacitor version? i know there is one in from march 18 but it seems to be very buggy, so i hope they also fixed problems from last march 18,2015

The record by motion gas a lot of problem like it does not record with small movement. Even it cant even detect people walking or driving straight when the view is similar. You have to see bug changes in the screen for it to start recording. It also has problem recording at night.

So i am hoping to see an increase in sensitivity

I am also hoping to see an increase in recording time because sometimes when you are stuck in traffic it stops recording due to lack in big movements

A118C Aptina sensor is not suitable for motion detection in low light night conditions. (this is normal)

If you like this form factor, the SG9665GC has a Sony Exmor sensor has excellent night performance, and handles motion detection much better. Latest SG9665GC firmware also has more motion detection options.

turn motion detect off, that's how it works, you're not going to see any improvements with a different firmware version

you'll find the results a lot better without motion detect

Don't mean to jack the thread but I can't seem get the correct time on the A118C. I set it to pacific standard time and it would think it's am when it's pm and vice versa. I don't know maybe it's a firmware problem. Anyone else with this issue?

Don't mean to jack the thread but I can't seem get the correct time on the A118C. I set it to pacific standard time and it would think it's am when it's pm and vice versa. I don't know maybe it's a firmware problem. Anyone else with this issue?

you have GPS connected?

No point recording 24/7 as 64gb can only record 9 hours. And the cigarette port power in my car supplies even when engine is off. The dashcam also does not come with parking recording

Is the sg firmware compatible? I would like to see some motiom detect options

If you want parking mode with low light motion detection ability you'll want to upgrade to a premium product.

you have GPS connected?

No GPS connected. I checked to make it sure it was on Pacific Standard Time. -07 and even tried it on -08 same results. It shows the AM/PM on my computer. Also should the SD card be formatted on the camera itself?

No GPS connected. I checked to make it sure it was on Pacific Standard Time. -07 and even tried it on -08 same results. It shows the AM/PM on my computer.

timezone setting makes no difference if you have no GPS, just set the clock as you wish keeping in mind it's 24 hour time in the settings

Also should the SD card be formatted on the camera itself?

yes

Back