A118C focus adjusting ?

chris-s

Reaction score
Country
France
Dash Cam
Blackvue DR750S-2CH, DR750X-2CH, A129-DUO, many others...
Hi all,

I just realize that my A118C from Gearbest has a picture which is not sharp enough compared to my 3 A118 units from Foxoffer.
Is there a way to adjust the focus of the A118C ?

I can't find any tuto or videos about this.

Second question : is it possible to connect the A118 to a TV with a video cable to adjust the focus easily ?

Second question : is it possible to connect the A118 to a TV with a video cable to adjust the focus easily ?

you can but the AV output is not HD so it will get you close but you are better to review the recordings to confirm

I thought I had such a cable with a photo camera but I can't find this.

Do you have a link to show me what to order to connect dashcam to TV ?

Thanks

It's OK, I've found the same cable as shown on the video below and it works.
Now I have to access the lens and try to adjust...

I've also notices some dirt inside the lens. Looks like water that has become dry.
But no water was inside.
I have seen this on 1 dashcam from Foxoffer and one 1 from Gearbest and it covers a great part of the lens.
Could this explain the bad video quality ?

Looks also like the lens was scratched but it is inside.

Last edited:
Could anyone tell me how to adjust the lens as it is glued ?!?

Could anyone tell me how to adjust the lens as it is glued ?!?

There appear to be different types of cement used to secure lens threads in place after focusing depending on the manufacturer. Some are fairly brittle and can be "unpicked" as @jokiin puts it. Others are "unpickable". If you have trouble, try using a heat gun or hair dryer to soften the glue and you should be able to simply unscrew it. Use caution to not overheat the lens itself. Work slowly, applying increasing amounts of heat as necessary.

Last edited:

You can get decent results focusing on a TV if you do this under very bright light and focus on something that has bright specular highlights such as a shiny chrome or glass object.

Mine is "unpickable". I've tried to heat but no success... I give up before I break all..
Many thanks for your help.

Back