A118C Help - Going To Buy One

mealto

Reaction score
Country
Canada
Alright, I have been researching the G1W-C and thought I was going to purchase that then noticed the A118C that may be more stealthy after installation.

1. Can anyone tell me if there are various versions from different vendors. Read about this but cannot find the link now.

2. Do any vendors offer firmware upgrades?

3. Can I stick the A118C 3M pad to the mesh part just behind the rear view mirror. What is this mesh part anyway?

4. Noticed FoxOffer and GearBest have the units. Which one is a more trusted vendor?

Thanks in advance. Still pretty confused at this point!

SG9665GC will be "the best" of the bunch once available. (better hardware, announcement will come soon'ish once ready)
If you want to buy this form factor today the generic A118C should get the job done but it's very new as you know. I met the guys that run FoxOffer when I was in China, good guys.
(don't know much about GB.)

Firmware upgrades from the generic chinese cams are hit or miss at times, Street Guardian is lightening fast will all updates though.

Yes you should be able to stick the pad to the mesh. You'll saw it off with dental floss or the included white string when it's time to remove it. It's sticky, but not crazy super glue sticky etc.

So SG9665GC is the Brnad name version of the A118C then? What kind of price point are we talking about here? I can wait, just not sure how long the wait is. Any estimates?

Any thoughts on the above questions?

Jokiin will announce all details when this Street Guardian next generation beauty will be ready, no official ETA but things are moving ahead.

So SG9665GC is the Brnad name version of the A118C then? What kind of price point are we talking about here? I can wait, just not sure how long the wait is. Any estimates?

looks much the same, all internals are different

due to release next month

Alright, I have been researching the G1W-C and thought I was going to purchase that then noticed the A118C that may be more stealthy after installation.

1. Can anyone tell me if there are various versions from different vendors. Read about this but cannot find the link now.

2. Do any vendors offer firmware upgrades?

3. Can I stick the A118C 3M pad to the mesh part just behind the rear view mirror. What is this mesh part anyway?

4. Noticed FoxOffer and GearBest have the units. Which one is a more trusted vendor?

Thanks in advance. Still pretty confused at this point!
The only different option known right now is that there is an A118 with battery and just released an A118 with Capacitors. There is a giveaway for the A118 capacitor model here, so maybe you win one.

Also, there is an otional GPS module you can add if you want. If you have any questions about different cams, post them and the forum can help.

Last edited:
1. Here we got the A118C dashcam non-GPS version, and here we got a coupon code GBA118C which will bring the price to $65.53 free shipping (expire 29th Jan.) Or maybe you would win a A118C in our giveaway as GJHS said. And there will be

2. The firmware is the latest now.If you want to upgrade the firmware, we can offer you when the next version comes out.

3. You can stick the A118C 3M pad to the mesh part wherever you want.

4. Foxoffer is a trusted vendor too, and both us are trying our best to offer you guys the best dashcam, as well as good service.

If you have any other problem, please just ask without hesitation and all the DCT member will be here to help :p

Hi guys.
So if i waiting i can buy the better version of the b40.Is it right?
What is the main differences between the old (a118 and a118c) and the new one?

Back