A118C (New) loses settings, except date/time

Well their warranty page says:
1. In the unlikely situation that your product is faulty, you can send it back for a refund within 45 days of receiving it. Return shipping reimbursement is unavailable.

So I am going to try to get that going, depending on how much shipping ends up being.

the challenge with shipping it back is you can't send it back via the post, sending cameras to China from the USA via post is illegal, anything that does manage to get into the system generally doesn't arrive so you end up with no camera and no refund, end result is you need to use a freight company, UPS, Fedex, DHL etc, as a non account customer the rates probably aren't good

see how you go, I appreciate that you bought a lower price camera and budget might be a deciding factor, not everyone has money to burn, have you considered buying locally instead, you mentioned this was the second time you got a faulty camera, what was the previous camera?

I am not against buying locally but all we have around here is Best Buy as far as I can tell and their selection isnt great.
Next time I think I will use Amazon, I know I will pay more but I also know I can send it back with little or no hassle on my end.

Previous was the G1W-CB, it worked for 3-4 weeks then would get stuck on the welcome screen after that.

Stuck with it, kind-of had an accident with the pavement on its way out the window in my driveway :(

I am not against buying locally but all we have around here is Best Buy as far as I can tell and their selection isnt great.
Next time I think I will use Amazon, I know I will pay more but I also know I can send it back with little or no hassle on my end.

Previous was the G1W-CB, it worked for 3-4 weeks then would get stuck on the welcome screen after that.

You can still buy locally online, there's sellers like Spytec in the US, and plenty of others in Amazon

if you decide to buy locally and any of our models work for you let me know, I can arrange a $50 trade in on your problem cam so you can recover what you paid, appreciate ours are a lot more expensive but it might lessen the blow if you're not writing off another $50 already, understand that might still be above what you wanted to spend, at least you'd get something with proper service and after sales support and might serve as an example of the difference between buying locally and buying out of China, all too often we see people buying in good faith like you did and finding out service stops once you pay your money, there's not enough exposure to this issue I think, the reps from these companies are all very active when it comes to putting offers out there and promoting their businesses but all seem to disappear when things go wrong for customers

That is an extremely humble gesture.. I think I have learned my lesson and am definitely willing to pay for better service in the event that something goes wrong with a product.
I told GearBest to refund me $10.00.

I am going to do some research on your products and see what works best for me

Thank you for your help!

I really like the form factor of the SG7LA50G, especially with the dock feature.. but it's discontinued?

I really like the form factor of the SG7LA50G, especially with the dock feature.. but it's discontinued?
was a problem model for us, some hardware issues that couldn't be resolved so we recalled those that had been sold and replaced them all and cancelled the model

if you decide to buy locally and any of our models work for you let me know, I can arrange a $50 trade in on your problem cam so you can recover what you paid, appreciate ours are a lot more expensive but it might lessen the blow if you're not writing off another $50 already, understand that might still be above what you wanted to spend, at least you'd get something with proper service and after sales support and might serve as an example of the difference between buying locally and buying out of China, all too often we see people buying in good faith like you did and finding out service stops once you pay your money, there's not enough exposure to this issue I think, the reps from these companies are all very active when it comes to putting offers out there and promoting their businesses but all seem to disappear when things go wrong for customers
Class and compassion. Nice

That's too bad! I like the idea of having it easily removable :)

That's too bad! I like the idea of having it easily removable :)

the idea was good but it had other issues, one of those things I guess, it's larger than it looked in pictures so not quite as discrete as some of the other models

Looks like the middle lead of the capacitor was broken off..check this out!
v4AtUCY.jpg

that's an unusual one, in this case you might be able to get it working, if you're not confident to fix it yourself try someone that does mobile phone repairs, they'd generally have the right type of tools to work on something small, doing it cost effectively might be hard though if you can't DIY

Phase 2 is complete. (Ordered new capacitors.)
Will report back when finished!

Capacitors arrived today, installed the new one no problem.. holds power without the cord for a few seconds like it should!
ig6lYi8.jpg

jokiin, I appreciate all your help. I know these don't last forever, I will definitely be getting a SG product when this fails. Too many hoops to jump through just to get the product working.
Thanks again !

Back