A118C Night time/ low light issue

BarryW

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Just fitted the above dashcam. Generally pleased with its small size, equipment etc.

I have an issue in that at night a large green dipped headlight appears on the screen highlighting the fact the the light level is low. Is this normal or is there are setting to adjust?

Any assitance would be appreciated.

Any video sample ?

Barry actually contacted me about this directly but I've never seen it myself. Do i suggested he post here. It sounds like he's talking about some icon that shows up on the camera's screen, not in the video itself. So a photo would help if you can provide that, Barry.

I'm puzzled, too, and I'm looking at my B40 in a low light/night situation, now.

Where did you buy the B40?

Thanks for the replies.
As I haven't downloaded my card to the PC as yet, I'm assuming the Green Headlight in the centre of the screen must be a low light warning. After posting I scrolled through the various posts and there was only one comment on the issue.
I then played with the EV and changed same which now shows a small red lined box in the middle of the screen when in very poor light!

I purchased the unit on Ebay dodotomorrow

Update, the red lined box is there in daylight also...

I don't see dodotomorrow selling anything now that looks like a b40/a118.

The dash cam you bought looks like this one?

$_35.JPG

Ok couldn't find it under their name.

I'm just wondering if you got a b40 with different 'insides'. (Fake?)
The ebay ad also says it comes with a suction cup mount. Not seen a b40 with one.

Thanks for reply, no suction pad with unit, all seems to be there in " Car Black Box"

Have been messing with the various options.
Given the instructions are minimal, is there any chance someone can confirm the ideal configurations?
Meantime, I'll go back to default to see what happens.

Thanks again

Put it back to default, everything seems ok , no boxes or headlights...confused but relieved

Thanks everyone for there input.

Barry W

I get that on a koonlung c76 and a street storm...

Its to tell you to put your lights on !! and can be switched off in the menu as it is without doubt the daftest feature ever built into a cam !

Back