A118C Novatek 96650 Capacitor Battery Dash Cam@Gearbest

GearBest

Retailer
Reaction score
Country
China
Edit 22th. Jan 2015
Sorry for the change of the price again, sine the manufacture just informed us that this dashcam is a price-limited price too, we can't offer a price lower than $75 on our web. However, we would like to give all DCT member the biggest discount we can for this moment. Now, use coupon code GBA118C when check out, the price will be $65.63 free shipping. PS: Still the old link:
Hi folks,

Great news! A118C Novatek 96650 Dash Cam capacitor version is now available at $ 65.73 free shipping at gearbest now!
201501201721458353.jpg

Based upon the latest Novatek NT96650 processor, an Aptina AR0330 CMOS sensor and a 170 degree wide angle view, the A118C records at full 1080P HD resolution to capture the sharpest details for either insurance companies or police in the event of an accident. Like the very best dash cams, the A118C comes fully supplied with the full repetroire of functions such as loop recording, G-shock Sensor, auto on/off, date/time stamp, and more. Fully meeting all the basic needs of a safe driving trip, the A118C is your essential mobile companion on the road.

Regardless of how good your driving skills are, being discreet should always be the first thought. As a reliable and extremely covert dash camera at an affordable price, the A118C is the perfect choice at an afordable price for your next car dash cam.

Main Features:
Capacitor battery
Novatek 96650 chipset
170 degree wide angle lens
HD1080P high-definition seamless cycled recording, no second leakage
Support high capacity TF cards (up to 32G)
Advanced H.264 photography compression technology
Record the images by using the H.264 compression mode
Built-in G-sensor, capable of saving and locking the video recording d ata automatically in case of collisions
Support the mobile detection function

Any specs on heat tolerance of this new model? Nice to see it finally come out

Any specs on heat tolerance of this new model? Nice to see it finally come out
Thanks to it's capacitor battery, heat tolerance can up to 60℃, down to -20℃

That's great.

Thanks Sunny

Ahh man!!! Seriously?? I just ordered the other model yesterday to use for my back window from GearBest and the new model comes out the very next day.

Oh well, have to laugh about it anyway :)

Ahh man!!! Seriously?? I just ordered the other model yesterday to use for my back window from GearBest and the new model comes out the very next day.

Oh well, have to laugh about it anyway :)
Just write them, if it didn't ship they will cancel the order

Nah, it's too late, already had shipping confirmation, they were pretty quick about it.
Maybe see if there is a capacitor kit you can buy to replace the battery

You take it out of the car when parked and then move south

Nah, not an option, I like it in here : ) And mount camera back at -30 it's a lot of hassle.
But what really happens with capacitor, would it be working again when it's warms up to -20C or it's going to be permanently damaged?

Is there any reason not to get this model over the battery version?

Back