A118C Novatek 96650 Capacitor Battery Dash Cam@Gearbest

never occurred to me to check there, but here it is:
http://www.homedepot.com/p/Scotch-1-in-x-1-66-yds-Clear-Mounting-Tape-4010/202258919
http://www.lowes.com/pd_488024-98-410/DC/SF_0__?productId=50053419

it's an inch wide, too, so would work well on the base of most dashcams. and isn't crazy expensive! thanks for sharing @Gabacho!

Nice thanks for the links. I ordered an A118C from gearbest today and hopefully it comes soon with the latest firmware. Will try mounting in the a CR-V with the clear mounting tape.

Now I just need to figure out how to route it nicely down the the power accessory lighter.

Also a nice right angle cable that is long enough would be cool but I'm not having any luck finding one on monoprice or ebay

Also a nice right angle cable that is long enough would be cool but I'm not having any luck finding one on monoprice or ebay

You may have to go with a right angle adapter vs a cable with a right angle connecter. Try 'Googling' "right angle mini usb adapter" and I'm sure you can find something appropriate.

You may have to go with a right angle adapter vs a cable with a right angle connecter. Try 'Googling' "right angle mini usb adapter" and I'm sure you can find something appropriate.
Yeah I know about those but they're kind of unsightly. Thanks

How long is the typical cable for dashcam to route to a power source (fuse box, cigarette lighter, etc.)? Like, how long is the charger cable that it comes with? So I have an idea how long I should buy for the Mini USB Cable to connect to a USB port.

Can you use a USB Male to male adapter and another usb cable to get a longer cable like maybe 20' without signal problems?

Are there any recommended place to get the Mini USB cable for ~3 meter to 5 meter? Any generic cable would work right? I'm trying to find a good price on it from Amazon, eBay, etc.

why use such a long USB cable, extend the power to where you need and plug the power for USB in there
This is what I did in one of my cars - extended power up into a useless sunglasses holder above the mirror and added a lighter socket. I could get away with a 0.3m power cord if I wanted to but I have all 3 or 4 meters of cord wrapped up in the sunglasses holder.

I ordered this from Gearbest on 1/22 and still haven't gotten it yet -_-

Tracking info is stuck at "07-02-2015 01:15 The item is on transport to the country of destination" and their customer support isn't helping at all.

You won't get any answers anytime soon, Chinese New Year holiday time, shipping to most destinations is often around one month and tracking info isn't always up to date, they'll be back to work at the end of the month but it may well have turned up by then

My order from Gearbest shipped earlier this week... but I doubt I will get my item anytime soon.. Though it shipped from Netherland Post or at least the tracking is from Netherland Post... and the status is only "The item is pre-adviced"

Tracking info is stuck at "07-02-2015 01:15 The item is on transport to the country of destination" and their customer support isn't helping at all.
One week isn't long to be at transport to country of destination. Be patient it takes a week or two

Is PostNL for small parcels like these sent airmail or do these get containerized and go by ship?
The longshoremen union is on strike here in the US, so if our packages are on a boat, we might wait a while longer.
I was in Shanghai a couple weeks ago and regret not calling Gearbest to have them post mine to my hotel. Shipments within mainland China are amazingly quick, except during the national holidays.

Is PostNL for small parcels like these sent airmail or do these get containerized and go by ship?
The longshoremen union is on strike here in the US, so if our packages are on a boat, we might wait a while longer.
I was in Shanghai a couple weeks ago and regret not calling Gearbest to have them post mine to my hotel. Shipments within mainland China are amazingly quick, except during the national holidays.
The strike only affects the West Coast. Shipping from China normally takes 3-4 weeks on average. Now, during Holiday time it may be longer.

never occurred to me to check there, but here it is:
http://www.homedepot.com/p/Scotch-1-in-x-1-66-yds-Clear-Mounting-Tape-4010/202258919
http://www.lowes.com/pd_488024-98-410/DC/SF_0__?productId=50053419

it's an inch wide, too, so would work well on the base of most dashcams. and isn't crazy expensive! thanks for sharing @Gabacho!
If you are using iPass for paytoll they will send to you clear sticking tapes, just ask. It is much stronger than regular 3M by the way.

Does Gearbest really ship from the Netherlands? Or do they ship from China first and then gets transferred to Netherlands? Still don't know how fast/slow shipping is with Gearbest using PostNL...

Nice thanks for the links. I ordered an A118C from gearbest today and hopefully it comes soon with the latest firmware. Will try mounting in the a CR-V with the clear mounting tape.

Now I just need to figure out how to route it nicely down the the power accessory lighter.

http://www.dx.com/p/cy-u2-064-ri-ri...ni-usb-male-adapter-black-205909#.VOF-7fnF9gt
Right angled adapter

Does Gearbest really ship from the Netherlands? Or do they ship from China first and then gets transferred to Netherlands? Still don't know how fast/slow shipping is with Gearbest using PostNL...
I have bought an item a few months ago from Gearbest, item also appeared to be from China but shipped with Netherland Post. The delivery is the usual slow, about 1 month to arrive. With Chinese New Year starting later this week, you may want to add another 2 weeks on top of that 1 month.

Back