A118C stuck on "welcome" screen.

Jay_117

Reaction score
Country
United States
Installed latest firmware. Tried turning it on/off and resetting. Nothing works. Any ideas on how to fix this?

Try re-installing the firmware but based on your previous thread, you probably need to contact the seller for help.

Last edited by a moderator:
You could have a shorted out GPS cable, try to remove GPS if you have it attached. (also remove memory card to see if that helps complete the bootup)

I have the same problem, I have already done what you guys suggested with no success. I wonder if there's a guy to hard reset the cam (by that I mean pressing the power button with the mic button at the same time for example)

I have the same problem, I have already done what you guys suggested with no success. I wonder if there's a guy to hard reset the cam (by that I mean pressing the power button with the mic button at the same time for example)

no reset process like that unfortunately

Thanks Gibson99 I didn't realize until I dismounted my cam from the car's windshield lol. I guess that while doing that I accidentally hit the reset button. That fixed the problem!!!

I had same problem, my cam only works well the first 3 days, it had the last firmware version, and I had it hardwired with this: http://cgi.ebay.es/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItemVersion&item=141776229747&view=all&tid=1265078022004
After 3 days at 35C of exterior temperature (inside 43C) the cam stuck in logo viofo, if I reset sometines seems to work fine, but at 10-15 minutes stops suddenly and corrupt the file or the display is in purple colour and no rec.
If I test the cam at house, the problem seems the same.

I buy it at gearbest, I had a bad unit???? I was very happy when I see the first 1080p video.... but 3 days and is dead, any idea of what can I do with gearbest ? I dont want to resend to China...

Attachments

• 00a63771-fc89-4a5a-a6e9-8924342a2804.jpg
    00a63771-fc89-4a5a-a6e9-8924342a2804.jpg
    22.4 KB · Views: 12
can't see what hardwire kit you are using, (link doesn't work) but from your photo it looks like you have motion detect turned on, if you've had it running on 35°c days your inside temperatures would be closer to 70°c in a car parked in the sun, that would kill the camera very quickly if you have had it running in those sorts of conditions

the cam is inside the car at high temperatures, but powered off !!! I only use the cam when the car is with airconditionated on.

I had luck, and Gearbest will refund my money, Im thinking in buy another better cam or same model (becaue I like a lot the form factor of a118c)

Best Regards, thank u very much for u feedback

Back