A118C Wont turn on?

EshanMistry73

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Dash Cam
Viofo A118C & A118C V2
So ive had my A118C for a while now, and just today i noticed it wasnt turning on when i plugged it in. The lead and power seems to be fine, but i noticed that the port on the dashcam itself seemed a bit odd? ive attatched a picture. Any help is appreciated.

It was working fine this morning, just went out 10-20 minutes ago and noticed it wasnt switching on.

(Picture is blury so i apologise) - The camera has served me well so far, and ill be doing a comparison/review to the new model in the upcoming week for you all too.

DSC_0461.jpg

the CSI Miami enhance mode doesn't seem to be working, a clearer picture would help

from your blurry pic though it looks like the USB port is damaged

UPDATE: Clearer picture - https://drive.google.com/open?id=0ByC1nWORWRbLUzV4Zml0dzhWeW8

Looks like its chipped off the end, or one of the things is bent? No idea how that has happened.

going by all the scratch marks around the plug it looks like you may have been trying to plug it in while the camera is on the window, that's a pretty sure way to mash the pins, suggest with your new one that's coming you get in the habit of only plugging or unplugging cables while the camera is detached from the window

Back