A118C

ryanneedham

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I'm thinking of getting a A118C for the rear of my car, ive read good things for the price but im not very tech savvy so was wondering if the chip info etc is all good on this model here () thanks

I would stick with a Viofo branded A118C. The one you linked was a copy.

Let us not forget that 'support' from GearBest may be sub-par as well. :cry:

The GB cam is on "Flash Sale" for 6 more days at $36.99 :D Files are listed as .MOV which is what it's claimed NovaTek chipset does, but they also say
"Note: Now we have new and old edition products. The products we send are random."
It might be worth the risk at such a low price but if you want assurances of a good cam then buy a real Viofo :)

I find it kind of fun to see what some cheap cams are made of from these mega-sellers and so far 2 out of 3 have been good. The one 'bad' cam was $21 and usable, working for a few months until replaced. Don't have high expectations at such low prices and you'll sometimes find bargains, sometimes find duds, and you'll never find warranties or customer service usable. Just don't expect more because you don't get what you don't pay for ;)

Phil

what I will say with GB is that I did get my Chupad D501 on a flash sale from them for $41. That said the whole buying process with them seemed super sketch (honestly buying on aliexpress garnered more buyer confidence) but the cam arrived and works fantastic. No way i'd buy anything not on a flash sale though.

what I will say with GB is that I did get my Chupad D501 on a flash sale from them for $41. That said the whole buying process with them seemed super sketch (honestly buying on aliexpress garnered more buyer confidence) but the cam arrived and works fantastic. No way i'd buy anything not on a flash sale though.

I think with most of these sellers out of China if you approach it with the attitude of only spend what you can afford to lose you're less likely to be disappointed

I think with most of these sellers out of China if you approach it with the attitude of only spend what you can afford to lose you're less likely to be disappointed
^This 100%. And I'll probably step it up to something even better on my next cam, but the D501 had decent reviews (minus wifi which i can't figure out how to use on it anyway haha) and the price was too good to not roll the dice to see what happens.

Back