A118C2 powering off

ryanneedham

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I tried updating the firmware on my A118C2 a week or so ago but gave up after a bit, i put it back in my car and started hearing the power on noise every so often, i kept an eye on it since then and it seems to either power off and on and i'm also not sure if the icons from the top and bottom disappear for a second and come back only. Is this a firmware issue (it wasn't like this before)? my motion detection is off and gsensor set to low and my version no. is A118C2_20161008_V1.0. Thanks

I don't think there have been any updates for the A118C2. V1.0 is the original and the one listed on the Viofo site is dated the same. You were probably just reinstalling the same firmware. Go into the setting and manually reset defaults and see if that helps.

Manually resetting to default didn't work, I tried the SD card from my front facing nextbase 312GW and with that SD card (freshly formatted) its constant, see https://streamable.com/fpi0w, but with the one that was originally in the a118c2 its not constant just random

Or does anyone have a download for an old firmware see if that fixes it

Or does anyone have a download for an old firmware see if that fixes it
I don’t think there is any other firmware. V1.0 is the only firmware for the A118C2 that Viofo released. Maybe there is a beta floating around? Try reinstalling the V1.0 firmware.

Back