A119 all the same?

Lola

Reaction score
Country
United States
Dash Cam
Mobius, A119
A friend of my son called me this morning asking about the A119 (Not S). He said when he started looking to buy on Amazon there were several different prices and a caution on one listing to make sure he got the latest version with some special number, I know it is a good camera but has something changed? I thought version 2 was the latest and know nothing about any special numbers to check on.
I told him I would check on the forum for him because I am not aware of any changes and Amazon should be selling only the latest model, am I wrong?

just the seller trying to say they have something newer I guess as a way to stand out and hopefully get a sale

just the seller trying to say they have something newer I guess as a way to stand out and hopefully get a sale

Thanks jokiin, I went to Amazon and viewed them, you are exactly right.

Not exactly. The version 2 (or A119V2) is an improved version. The first version had problems with the connection to the GPS base. As the power supply is plugged into the GPS base (when used) and the GPS base connects to the camera, a dodgy connection sometimes caused the camera to lose power. Make sure you're not getting an old V1.V1 vs V2.jpg

would have to be second hand stock to be getting a V1, no seller has been able to buy anything but V2 for a long time now

They are still available on AliExpress. Don't just get the cheapest one.

I have 2 A119 V2s and both have been faultless for me. As Chem said make sure it is an A119v2 especially if a GPS unit is to be used. The best thing about the GPS unit for me is that you do not have to keep unplugging the power to remove the A119 plus the power enters vertically and not into the side thus easier to hide the cable.

Is the Viofo web on holiday or whatever, I've left 2 mesages and haven't received any replys?

Viofo do sometimes take a while to answer and I have heard of people not getting a reply. Although my personal experience Has been good. You have to take in account the time delay and weekends. The Viofo Community is not too good and is a bit swamped with spammers selling unwanted medical cures etc. you are better off here.

They are still available on AliExpress. Don't just get the cheapest one.

I looked on AliExpress and asked the seller a question (before buying anything I do) were all the components from 2018 and how much was the average customs charge? I received a reply that the average charge was about $20.00 through their customs, that ended the idea of buying from China, just not worth the price plus possible hassle if something go's wrong.

I'm doing all this for a young friend, but it's turning into a real hassle, but that is not a problem.

Viofo do sometimes take a while to answer and I have heard of people not getting a reply. Although my personal experience Has been good. You have to take in account the time delay and weekends. The Viofo Community is not too good and is a bit swamped with spammers selling unwanted medical cures etc. you are better off here.

I understand, however this is the 3rd day, but I am wiling to wait a little more, but it's driving the young guy it's for nuts, LOL (16yr old's don't know what patience means), LOLAL!

My self I do not buy anything from China that costs over £15 ($19-20) because of the import taxes. I have bought 2 GPS units previously on Ebay that cost £7.99 (about $10) and there were void of any duty and were free post took about 2 weeks to arrive. The seller goes under the name of funshare888 I have had no problems with them.

Tractor have you had problems with the GPS modules, was that the reason for buying new ones? Thanks for the link.

I have 2 A119 V2 and the GPSs were about half the price of buying them else where so it was 2 for one a good saving. I have had no problems with GPS units, It might take a few minutes for GPS to lock to a satellite the first time you use it which is normal for all GPS.
We all like to save a bit of money and they cost up to £20 each in the UK now. I did not buy them at the time I bought the A119s. They are definitely V2 GPS units.

I have 2 A119 V2 and the GPSs were about half the price of buying them else where so it was 2 for one a good saving. I have had no problems with GPS units, It might take a few minutes for GPS to lock to a satellite the first time you use it which is normal for all GPS.
We all like to save a bit of money and they cost up to £20 each in the UK now. I did not buy them at the time I bought the A119s. They are definitely V2 GPS units.

It didn't take him long to UP his prices, he now wants almost double what you paid for the GPS mount (ouch)!

I've read so much about them that I am thinking of getting one (A119) of them for myself to try out but I am not willing to pay what they want currently. If the price comes down to $80.00 for one with GPS I will probably get it.

The young man I have been looking for is getting upset himself when I told him the price had gone up from what he wanted me to spend, he told me he wants to hold off also for a price drop.

The cheapest I see the A119v2 on Amazon is via Spytec, fulfilled by Amazon, $89.95 with the GPS The viofo price is $5 more.

Exchange rate play a big part in the price you might have to wait for another black Friday. To get the best price source the A119v2 separately from the GPS If you buy as a package it is not always good value. Spytec or Boblov are the most reliable sellers for the A119v2 and some times offer a discount on other items (Like CPL) which can bring the over all price down. Buy only the GPS from funshare888 in China.

The V1 version is stopped production more than one year.
In US, we suggest you buy from Amazon, you can buy from OCD Tronic, Spytec, etc.

I'm looking to get one of the A119( Pro/S/v2), and I found that Spy Tec was actually still selling the original A119 (Not the V2) on eBay. I was a bit shocked they still had them to sell.

In is a case of buyer beware.

Back