A119 bad video quality

victor277

Reaction score
Country
Germany
Are there diffrent lens built-in on the viofo a119? Because my videoquality of this camera is not to compare with that shown on reviews and youtube.
Tryed diffrent resolutions 1440p30 and 1080p60 with clean windshield and have the lens rotating to more and less sky visible. no diffrence.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20170716-005620.png
    Screenshot_20170716-005620.png
    896.5 KB · Views: 64
  • Screenshot_20170716-185847.png
    Screenshot_20170716-185847.png
    1.8 MB · Views: 45
Are there diffrent lens built-in on the viofo a119? Because my videoquality of this camera is not to compare with that shown on reviews and youtube.
Tryed diffrent resolutions 1440p30 and 1080p60 with clean windshield and have the lens rotating to more and less sky visible. no diffrence.
recording a video is one thing, viewing it on a computer is a different one.
what video player do you use to view the video?
have you tried different players?

VLC and Windows Media Player on Desktop PC and MX Player also diffrent other on my Android Phone.
I have copyed the files first to my PC.

The SDcard is Lexar UHS-I class 10

what windows do you have? I use WinXP and the only software that plays well my videos 1080P@60fps is "Registrator Viewer", all others I tried either don't play 60fps, or don't play sound, or don't support WinXP anymore. you may try "Dashcam Viewer".

Windows 8.1 64bit
Tried both players and few more no difference.

for how long do you have the camera?
have you ever shoot any good video on it?

I used it 3 times so far and the quality is always the same.

have you removed a plastic cover from lens?
do you have a day time picture?

yes its removed.
the daytime videos are not very diffrent, its blurry and very unsharp.

before you talk to a seller about returning the camera - try to flash the firmware to the latest version, I think it's the v2.06, even your camera came with it.

Perhaps the focus is off, they're set manually and are subject to human error
is it possible to correct it at home?

Already on v2.06 i updatet it from 2.01 i think.
@jokiin can i set the focus by myself or have i to return to manufacturer?

Viofo Ltd direct order.
How to reset?

you would need to open it up, crack the glue on the lens and reset the focus and glue it back up again, it's a bit of work but suggest talking to @viofo first to make sure they're ok with you opening it up and will still over you for warranty if it's some other problem

Last edited:
What you mean with "rest the focus" anyway thank you for help.

any daytime screen shots you can show us? that night frame looks like motion blur which is common when the camera slows the shutter speed to let in more light.

I have noticed that brightly illuminated objects at night tend to bloom on my A119 so as to look out of focus. It's most noticeable on traffic lights, street lights, headlights, and brightly illuminated signs. However, the same objects look OK in the daytime. For example, a traffic light arrow that looks like an arrow in the daytime turns into a round blob of light at night. Please post your results if you refocus.

Back