A119 battery

carkev

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I recently replaced my old Mini 0803 with a second hand A119 - it's the upgraded V2 with the better GPS mount.
I have upgraded the firmware to V4.01
I am very impressed with my initial tests. this is my first cam that has WDR and as yet I have not fitted a CPL.

a point I would ask about is the battery - the cam will not run at all on battery only - not that I particularly want to,
but I thought it should, and that it could be useful in parking mode rather than use hard wiring.

The Viofo A119 is a capacitor camera, there is no internal battery to power the camera.

The only battery in the A119 is a tiny one to keep the settings and time. A119 must be connected to a supply for it to work. The reason is that batteries do not live long it a dashcam when constantly submitted to the hot and cold environment of the windscreen. The only way to use parking mode is to connect through a proper connector that controls the power or by a power bank (obviously a power bank would have to be charged and check regularly) for successful use.

I was aware it had a capacitor instead of a battery, but to my mind both hold a charge?
so if it's not used why have it?
sorry to be so thick!

forget I said that please!
Tractor had already put me right on it.

by the way,
I was supplied with a hard wire kit, so could fit that and have parking mode also,
but I have always just had my dashcam wired through the ignition.

so all good as far as I'm concerned and thanks for the swift replies.

The small rtc battery is there to save the date and time only. Settings are stored in memory on the board.
The capacitors are there the supply just enough power to the camera so that it can properly save the last file being recorded before the camera shuts down.

The small rtc battery is there to save the date and time only. Settings are stored in memory on the board.
The capacitors are there the supply just enough power to the camera so that it can properly save the last file being recorded before the camera shuts down.
thank you, even more info, what a good forum

Back